This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Independentista not worthy :C

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:36 pm

As painful as it is for me, I gotta say that independentista still isn't worthy of training :/

Fully upgraded indep vs conscript

1. Indp requires 1+ card, which is the Academy
2. Academy is irreplaceable, while conscript is trained from barracks
3. The 3 pop cost of indp destroys it because of the following:
4. Indp have 615 hp, and conscript 337. So 2 conscripts (2pop) have 674 hp
5. Indp have 110 attack. Conscript have 60. 2 conscripts have 120.
6. Hand attack indp 30 x3 vs cav, and conscript 40 x3 vs cav. Means 1 indp deals 90 damage, while 1 conscript 120. 2 conscripts 240.
7. Hand attack vs light inf . Indp 30 x1.5 = 45. And conscript 40x2.3 = 92. And 2 conscripts deal 184
8. Armor . Indp have 0.1 armor . Conscript have 0.3
9. Siege damage. Indp 123. Conscript 62. So 2 conscripts deal 124 damage.
10. Resources, indp cost 120f 60g = 180 resources And conscript 85f 20g. So 2 conscripts cost 170f and 40g = 210 resources.
11. Indp have 3+ range than conscript and a bit faster, but the delay of having it (until industrial) and the fact that you need to ship academy, is just too much time and effort to switch into them :/
12. Indp trains in 40 sec, and conscripts in 30.

Conclusion, for only 30 extra resources and 1- pop space, 2 conscripts are Always better than an independentista.

So, currently, for me, lowering indep pop space to 2 wouldn't even make them worthy, the switch to them and danger of losing the unique building isn't worthy. Not even 2 pop is ok with those stats.

I was making tests to see if I included the Academy back to deck, but not this patch

I guess, guesssss, that this unique unit is meant to be an add-on, a hard to get and sustain advantage. But the problem is that there's no advantage. It is meant to be a complement of your army, but is just better to complement with more conscripts . Nothing special, jus their uniform :3 so I beg to reowrk independentista stats. It is my favorite unit in the game, but still not gonna use it.
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Independentista not worthy :C

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Well, if everybody could wield the Mjolnir it wouldn't be that special I guess

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:03 pm

Mjolnir? Where? I just see an expensive non effective unit. Is special in the sense that is uniquely not special </3

As I said, 2 conscripts are much better than a single 3 pop independentista (conscript is stronger in cost/stats, less pop, faster training, and multiple buildings). No need for the "advanced" unique unit.

Shouldn't independentista be the elite unit? It do is harder to get and costs more, but it is not better.
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Mojaak
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Thanks for the post, so I dont have to test. I was asking me the same question.

Have the Ind a higher fire rate or do they have the same also?