As painful as it is for me, I gotta say that independentista still isn't worthy of training
Fully upgraded indep vs conscript
1. Indp requires 1+ card, which is the Academy
2. Academy is irreplaceable, while conscript is trained from barracks
3. The 3 pop cost of indp destroys it because of the following:
4. Indp have 615 hp, and conscript 337. So 2 conscripts (2pop) have 674 hp
5. Indp have 110 attack. Conscript have 60. 2 conscripts have 120.
6. Hand attack indp 30 x3 vs cav, and conscript 40 x3 vs cav. Means 1 indp deals 90 damage, while 1 conscript 120. 2 conscripts 240.
7. Hand attack vs light inf . Indp 30 x1.5 = 45. And conscript 40x2.3 = 92. And 2 conscripts deal 184
8. Armor . Indp have 0.1 armor . Conscript have 0.3
9. Siege damage. Indp 123. Conscript 62. So 2 conscripts deal 124 damage.
10. Resources, indp cost 120f 60g = 180 resources And conscript 85f 20g. So 2 conscripts cost 170f and 40g = 210 resources.
11. Indp have 3+ range than conscript and a bit faster, but the delay of having it (until industrial) and the fact that you need to ship academy, is just too much time and effort to switch into them
12. Indp trains in 40 sec, and conscripts in 30.
Conclusion, for only 30 extra resources and 1- pop space, 2 conscripts are Always better than an independentista.
So, currently, for me, lowering indep pop space to 2 wouldn't even make them worthy, the switch to them and danger of losing the unique building isn't worthy. Not even 2 pop is ok with those stats.
I was making tests to see if I included the Academy back to deck, but not this patch.
I guess, guesssss, that this unique unit is meant to be an add-on, a hard to get and sustain advantage. But the problem is that there's no advantage. It is meant to be a complement of your army, but is just better to complement with more conscripts . Nothing special, jus their uniform :3 so I beg to reowrk independentista stats. It is my favorite unit in the game, but still not gonna use it.