This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Italians

About Heavy Infantry

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:36 pm

After the last upgrade, light cavalry units (dragoons and archers on horseback) won a bonus against heavy infantry. In a way I understand that pikemen really have the function of defeat the hand cavalry, but the musketeer-type units are also heavy infantry, and they have also become too vulnerable, for they can easily be defeated by skirmishers, grenadiers, and now also by dragoons.
Will the units in this category receive any new bonuses or a rebalancing of their stats in the future? I believe that in the present from the age III is not so much more advantageous it trains them.
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
"Um Deus, um rei, uma fé, uma lei"

Kloefklaffer
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: About Heavy Infantry

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:11 pm

I assume it is so that Line infantry + Horse Artillery are more easily countered which i find a good thing.