This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

ZakkeryBologna
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Buff Regulares.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 am

Seriously, the Regulares stand absolutely zero chance against anything except for Line Inf, which I have only seen South American countries use. Hell when upgraded they look like they are from the mid-late 19th century, using Pith helms and later looking like they are from the Spanish American war, so why is it they are using muzzle loaders once they are upgraded even once? Their fire rate it way to slow to hold any line against charging cav, hell they can't hold out against Canadian Riflemen (haven't tested but I don't think they will hold up to the Landwehr either, I think they have a much faster fireing rate, probably using a Dryse) why not bring them further into the 19th century instead of starting out in the Napolionic era? In my personal opinion, they should be available at age 3, looking like their first upgrade (wearing Pith helms) and using Rolling Blocks, once again, my opinion.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Buff Regulares.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm

South American countries don't even have access to Line Infantry (?)

CivilWarfare
Paisano
Paisano
ESO: CivilWarfare

Re: Buff Regulares.

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Hoop Thrower wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm
South American countries don't even have access to Line Infantry (?)
I'm almost positive Brazil does, last night I was fighting Brazil and Portugal, so I might have been mixed the two up, though I don't think so, as Brazil I specifically remember fighting in the Brazilian town encountering them, although it's not impossible that those were Portuguese units, my point still stands that the Regulares stand no chance exept for the Napolionic era infantry, which few countries have