This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect
Favorite Civilization: Chinese

Re: Mapuche Op

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 pm

HrdsHrdrck wrote: microagressions
❄️

hoop is cinical, somethimes rude but overall jocular, the point is that you aren't understanding that all that things are design decisions that shouldn't be good hystorically, only being good for a play, (or in the case that the ai you aren't understanding that if you can't against the hard you should to down the difficulty again) and you are comming with a fucker actitude demanding changes as the most outrageous thing in the world.

keep calm, get over it.
What the banana? I'm playing as the Mapuche on Hard A.I. I did nothing the whole game(didn't build units, didn't raid the A.I., nothing really). By the time I had gotten to the Industrial Age I simply read all the economic techs or anything of interest for the Mapuche (I'm only really interested in finding out things for the civilizations and reading about them). When I finally built some units and decided to end the match(got to the xp limit). I literally just clicked at the enemy town center. The troops went there. 1 minute long battle(my troops are all upgraded). Wiped the floor with the A.I. and destroyed everything, clicked on the other two A.I.(if it even happened like that) and just ended. 

Imagine what would happen if I actually went to the Imperial Age? I stayed at Industrial Age. On Hard A.I. 30 minutes to 1 hour's time.... They couldn't fight the Mapuche, Industrial Age at Ages 3-5?

cynical*
https://www.google.com/search?q=cynical ... e&ie=UTF-8

Doesn't apply.

sometimes*.

jocular
https://www.google.com/search?q=jocular ... e&ie=UTF-8

Obviously, what he has replied isn't. Why else am I writing what I am? Are you a fool(not a microaggression)?

historically*

"or in the case that the ai you aren't understanding that if you can't against the hard you should to down the difficulty again"

can't win against* should down the difficulty* That's assuming if I even "down the difficulty" on Hard. Why would I?
I wrote I was playing as the Mapuche....... I have no trouble winning on Hard. I do on Expert for two reasons. I don't build units early and raid/defend. I prefer getting on the game and economically build things up then fight massive battles (typically making myself weaker on purpose before even bothering with the A.I.). I also really just read the techs, get interested and read about other cultures online. This post was a random post denoting my feelings on the initial Mapuche experience(this is my second time writing this). Great knowing that on the very first post I ever did; you were already being a dumb ass. This one comes as no surprise to me. I'm ethnically Chinese; are you "white"? Why don't you type English well (microaggression)?

"...you are comming with a fucker actitude demanding changes as the most outrageous thing in the world"

First, I didn't demand anything. If the word for "needed" meant demanding we wouldn't have gunboat diplomacy or injustice in this world. When Europeans went everywhere in the world and murdered, raped, and committed genocide in the name of "civilization and economic prosperity". Was the stealing of natural resources a "need" or a "demand" placed upon the native peoples? 

you came with a fucking attitude demanding changes as the most outrageous thing in the world*

...... Don't even know what to say about this. Oh wait... I do. What's outrageous is your microaggressions, illiteracy, and stupidity. I had no "attitude" on the very first post I made. Any "attitude" comes after from microaggression and misconduct ONLINE by others. I reply in kind. When they are the ones not opening their eyes to what they write; that's not on me.

My first post was not a demand; neither is this one. I suggest you go back to school and get at least a basic education in English.

HrdsHrdrck
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:15 am

OMG, this guy is amazing.

Stop pedantry pls, you are astronomically ignorant, and i clarify, this isnt an argument, is a claim
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am

As far as I see your posts are textbook examples of something cynical, they fit perfectly the definition you posted.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:50 am

Hoop Thrower wrote: As far as I see your posts are textbook examples of something cynical, they fit perfectly the definition you posted.
First, he called you cynical, not me. "hoop is cinical..." - HrdsHrdrck
This would end it here, but I have the decency to alleviate your misconceptions here.

"believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity"

How he calls you cynical in RELATION to how you reply back to me is the point here. 

If you are cynical, that's up to you to determine and admit; not I.

Are you cynical? And what drives you to reply so rudely to me as if I am the cause of your grievances. That somehow I have wronged you.

"concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them."

What have I done that goes with this definition? What has been done is your complete disregard for basic civility; especially online. Even the Koreans have an etiquette procedure for online activity. What standards are you perhaps following? Hypocrisy? I have not put forth first my position or otherwise being before you replied rudely to me. If you are offended just from initial posts, that is that I write online about my thoughts before solidifying my opinions and obvious disposition; then maybe you ought to go to a dictatorship somewhere in the world and stay there. Because that is what you are hinting at. You dislike peoples' opinions; you would rather it gets suppressed, squashed. The best parts of the world was created by, made a core of, and solidified by freedoms of progressive(forward-moving) aspects of humanity not archaic power-driven oppression of every single individual (the masses).

If you have a problem with me. List it out here right now. Otherwise, conduct yourself properly. I see no reason you may be uncivilized and think you are better doing it to me while I try to retain some form of sanity from the every day stupidity of lesser peoples(uneducated morons pushing forward idiocy) insulting others. I'm not a SJW. I expect better conduct from everyone; with myself ahead of any one else so as to give LEGITIMACY to my conduct and that of my expectations of others. 

Hence, how much "cynical" you can get; is on you. 

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:40 am

The fact that you got to Industrial Age without building any units and the AI didn't attack you tells me there's a bigger problem with the AI than with the civ. You say your units were fully upgraded. The AI is bad at upgrading its units. Of course you wiped the floor with them.

If you all would stop arguing about the semantics of the insults you're hurling at each other, and you went back to Hoop's original comment suggesting you actually test them against a competent human player, you might have some useful balancing information for us. As it is, the results of a single drawn-out game against I don't care how many AI players simply aren't are very useful gauge for us.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:50 am

What's up with singling out koreans as a special case for etiquette anyways?

Ramtha
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: Ramttha
Steam: Ramtha

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:17 am

I can win with Paraguay against 3 IAs with 100% handicap and do you kow what?? that don't make the civ OP maybe you a re good player with that civ and no more, Mapuches are ok right know, for the other side, you MUST RESPECT all in this forum, the size of your letter sign madness, rage.

Ramtha
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: Ramttha
Steam: Ramtha

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:18 am

Sorry for double mesage but please close this tread.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:28 am

Septafolia wrote: The fact that you got to Industrial Age without building any units and the AI didn't attack you tells me there's a bigger problem with the AI than with the civ. You say your units were fully upgraded. The AI is bad at upgrading its units. Of course you wiped the floor with them.

If you all would stop arguing about the semantics of the insults you're hurling at each other, and you went back to Hoop's original comment suggesting you actually test them against a competent human player, you might have some useful balancing information for us. As it is, the results of a single drawn-out game against I don't care how many AI players simply aren't are very useful gauge for us.
Can't refute. Right enough. But on the other hand. Not everyone plays multiplayer or likes playing against human players. The "OP" aspect was the in-game civilization's strengths and weaknesses as to other civilizations. When you play any other civilization(for me that is) no other civilization let you build economically as fast, the troops were decent early on and was strong later in Age.

The post's title is "Mapuche Op". It's a post. I'm sorry if I offended you, Septafolia. Wasn't meant to bring to light any form of what needed to be done for the Mapuche(reworks). Though I think everyone would appreciate in-game info panels. I like reading about other peoples and cultures. These techs are more interesting to me than actual game play (I get bored of games within 2 years time, leave, come back, leave again and do other things).

Again, forgive me for any annoyance I have caused you. On the other hand, where do we have a delete option for our accounts? I couldn't locate one.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:41 am

Ramtha wrote: I can win with Paraguay against 3 IAs with 100% handicap and do you kow what?? that don't make the civ OP maybe you a re good player with that civ and no more, Mapuches are ok right know, for the other side, you MUST RESPECT all in this forum, the size of your letter sign madness, rage.
"... you MUST RESPECT all in this forum, the size of your letter sign madness, rage."

Sure. When Hoop_thrower does that; I will as well. Have you read his comments? On the other hand just as you have wrote, he must be respectful as well. Don't try to hint at me being disrespectful with double standards and hypocrisy. He has done microaggressions, been rude, and has slighted my posts from the get-go. 

The biggest font sized post was the most important and relevant one. It's literally what I hinged on him being respectful and conducting himself properly on. Go up to the previous one that was part of the definitions he singles out. It was also the original font size on that page as I literally just copy and pasted. What I am, isn't angry. In a state of madness or rage. What I am annoyed is double standards and rude behavior. Less-than-what-you-would-have-for-yourself conduct. It's the same nonsense I hear about in Europe.(Double standards and hypocrisy) People invite other peoples into their nations (Middle Easterners & Africans to Europe), expects them to give up their cultures and identity thinking they would assimilate themselves into those nations where they currently reside, says these peoples insulted their cultures and acts like they are the victims claiming they are the good people who offers them opportunities.

Btw, Hoop cannot even refute his own conduct to me. He knows he has not been doing all he could be(absolute civility). What I wrote only reminded him of that. I won't push any further into his character, but I certainly don't appreciate him posting on what I post only to be condescending - especially for no good and apparent reason. How he is, is on him. I have problems with people, sure. But I don't go acting like I can attack them however slight and "minuscule" it may be. You would notice none of my posts has ever started with me attacking his being(even hinting at so). It has always been in reply to him. 

I hope you reread what you wrote and what he has as well as mine. And you have a good day/night where ever you may be.