This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

MarceloNero
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

balancing suggestion - sugestão de balanceamento

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 pm

tenho jogado o mod a bom um tempo, já joguei e testei todas as civilizações gosto muito de joga com os brasileiros, so que notei que os voluntarios da patria ficam muito fraco no fim de jogo em relaçao a outros Skirmisher vou da uns exemplos os Klepht dos gregos totalmente atualizados ficam com 362 de hp 30 de resistencia e com 35 de dano range e 23 de alcancer contra 164 de hp dos voluntarios e 22 de dano com alcance 19 os Colombians com os  escopero fica com 350hp/ 40 de resistencia e 25 de dano e 19 de range,  você pode compara com os do Paraguayans ou Dutch qualquer outro... bem sei que vocês se preocupam muito com a qualidade do mod e ouvem a comunidade, por isso gostaria de deixa uma sugestão que é da habilidade divine strike pros voluntarios da patria, pode ser por meio de card mais prefiro que seja uma caracterista da unidade e já venha com ela. 

Fica a sugestão próximo patch

I've played the mod for a while, I've played and tested all the civilizations I really like playing with the Brazilians, so I noticed that the volunteers of the country are very weak at the end of the game in relation to other Skirmisher I'm going to give examples of the Klepht of the Greeks are fully updated with 362 of resistance hp 30 and with 35 damage range and 23 of reaching against 164 of hp of the volunteers and 22 of damage with reach 19 the Colombians with the escopero gets 350hp / 40 of resistance and 25 of damage and range 19, you can compare with those of Paraguayans or Dutch any other ... well I know that you care a lot about the quality of the mod and listen to the community, so I would like to leave a suggestion that is the divine strike skill volunteers of the homeland, may be by card more prefer to be a character of the unit and come with it.

Here's the next patch suggestion

o mod é espetacular, muito bom mesmo.
the mod is spectacular, very good indeed.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: balancing suggestion - sugestão de balanceamento

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm

That's incredibly silly.

Voluntarios are meant to be weak, if you want strong skirmishers lategame use Cassadores Montados.

MarceloNero
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:50 pm

I do not think it's silly, I find it really frustrating after you've done 3.4 or even 5 barracks and you invest in upgrades and as time goes by your main unit of this construction becomes so stale, so I know the design of the volunteers are made to be weak, I just do not think it has to be that much, and I do not think 10% chance of doubling 20 damage will make him strong

Well it was only a suggestion since I saw that they are modifying several units for the next patch, I thought that this small change could add and improve the gameplay

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:35 pm

You're forgetting something. Actually multiple things:
1. They are created quickly. Unlike skirmishers
2. They are quite a lot cheaper
3. You have early acces to them. Ideal for fighting civs which rely on heavy infantry in the early game
4. IIRC, they move very fast, so they can become deadly when kiting.

IDK if they are a bit too weak, but your comparison was not complete enough. You could try to compare with the Ryadavoy?
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

MarceloNero
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:11 pm

1. They are bred quickly. Unlike skirmishers

Re: No more unfortunately, after patch 1.0.10

Training time increased from 10 seconds to 23 seconds;
Movement speed decreased from 6 to 5;
Siege attack decreased from 9 to 6;
Ranged attack decreased from 12 to 10;
Ranged attack bonuses changed from x2 against heavy infantry, x2 against light cavalry and x0.8 against cavalry to x2 against heavy infantry, x2 against light cavalry, x0.75 against light infantry and x0.5 against hand cavalry;
Hand attack decreased from 6 to 4;
Hand attack bonuses changed from x2 against heavy infantry, x2 against light cavalry and x0.8 against cavalry to x2 against heavy infantry, x2 against light cavalry, x0.75 against light infantry and x0.5 against hand cavalry.

2. They are quite a lot cheaper
Re: at the end of the game this difference is insignificant, the difference in status compared to other skirmishers is glaring comes to be 3 less times or even more depending on the skirmishers
3. You have early access to the. Ideal for fighting civilians who rely on heavy infantry in the early game
Re: my suggestion is just to let the late game of it less weak not the beginning
4. IIRC, they move very fast, so they can become deadly when kiting
Most skirmishers have a larger range,
IDK if they are a bit too weak, but your comparison was not complete enough. You could try to compare with the Ryadavoy?
what civilization?

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:50 am

They are still trained faster and move faster, while still being cheaper. Yes, you're being mighty silly.

MarceloNero
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:47 am

the speed of movement of most skirmishers is between 4.0 and 4.5, and the time of training in average 25 seconds in the late game where is our point of discursion makes no difference mainly after the updates and if you take into account the cost effect will see that they become expensive compared to other skirmishers who achieve a 3 times greater status advantage, and once again tries to ridicule, the dissection is valid whether you like it or not.

but if you think that giving a little help in the late game would be so bad and harmful ... to the point of not wanting to argue and take into consideration.

okay

Menczywor
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow
Favorite Civilization: Argentinians

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Just use Voluntarios in early game and in late Cassador Montados like Hoop earlier said. For me its good that civs got different type of units that make them unique (not everyone got the same skirmishers for example). Just look at Cassador Montados - and search for mounted skirmishers in other civs. Also look at bonuses and weaknesses each civilizations got. If you read about Brazilians weaknesses you will find:
  • Unprepared army. The spine of their army, the Voluntarios da Patria, are much weaker than usual unique units, but in return are cheap and incredibly fast to train.
Maybe not so fast to train after 1.0.10 but still you can get them spawn for free over time from plantations if you got Volunteering Fervor card. And here some about unit: "Voluntario da Patria: a colonial age skirmisher, is trained very quickly and runs to the battle in a patriotic act. However, they are unskilled, being fragile and dealing low damage."

MarceloNero
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:33 pm

it's like I said earlier I know the unit design was meant to be weak, I just do not think it needs to be that much, since it's the main unit of barracks ... I just think it's pretty frustrating at the end of the whole investment game of upgrades that you made in the barrack units do not serve for anything and become obsolete, so I made this suggestion that will give a minimal chance the volunteers give a little more damage at the end of the game as a small reward for the nerf suffered that was very heavy.