This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Vulkhard Muller
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

National Redoubt Blockhouses

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 am

I was thinking about this and figured that Blockhouses should be allowed under it to allow the Blockhouse cannons card to be slightly more useful alternatively let that card and Field Guns and Mortars to forts.

I might be wrong here as I don't play competitively but I don't feel that the Blockhouse cannon card is as good as it could be.

Additionally it would be neat if it buffed their damage a tad bit, but that's asking for a lot.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Re: National Redoubt Blockhouses

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm not sure artillery at the fort is really needed. The blockhouses are a good fort building in itself. It also seems a little op to put a end to a infantry siege of a fort by putting out 5 falconets like that right away without needing a seperate foundry or blockhouse first. Additionally, someone could mass mortars next to a fort to siege walls instantly.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:39 pm

There's many cards that aren't quite that useful, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Vulkhard Muller
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Fair enough, I still think national redoubt allowing the Building of Block Houses/Walls wouldn't be a terrible idea but *shrugs* I digress

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 am

well sure, but its not needed as the fort handles all the situations you would need a wall or blockhouse for otherwise.