This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

Re: Best immigrants for every latin civ

Thu May 17, 2018 1:56 am

it could be more powerful if you use this card "Mass Immigration" that reduce the pop cost for military immigrant units
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Italians

Fri May 18, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello Rampo, I agree that fully updated, including with Catholic technologies the Maronite Rifleman become stronger than the Paraguayan skirmisher, however, I do to this analysis.
1 - The Paraguayan skirmisher is very good, the best skirmisher of the Latin-Americans.
2 - Paraguay, like Argentina, does not have a good heavy infantry, so I believe that immigrants should be used to fill these gaps.
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
"Um Deus, um rei, uma fé, uma lei"

Circle of Ossus
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Fri May 18, 2018 4:05 pm

I don't understand something in this discussion: you are talking like you have plenty of shipments to ship these units. I always prefer to ship all the upgrades I have in a deck (early game these are not send, so I have to do them later) before wasting these on shipping a few slightly stronger units. It's not that that late in a game a few units will make the difference; that's even my main issue with the immigrants: I only use them late game for a few improvements, and that's it. Most of these improvements are even never researched as they are worth nothing at that point in the game (like less tech research time; who needs that late game?; or crates).

IMO the immigrants are cool, but the cost is inappropriate. Why not: choosing a faction costs 2 shipments. The TC spawns a few immigrants that will help you. The techs continue to cost shipments. But the immigrants can slowly be created (with gold?) one by one (they have a build limit I believe, so that will hinder you from making dozens of them). The units function more like mercenaries, but are capped and again created slowly. Advancing in age and the big button still cost shipments.
When you research techs, the train time (and maybe a little bit of the cost) of both will lower.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Italians

Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm

I understand that you may find it useless to explore the use of immigrants. But remember most enhancement cards are available until age III. So in Ages IV and V, instead of sending military units that you already have in your army, I prefer to train units that supply shortages that this army has.
Immigrants really are not suitable for players who use the rush, aliases, Latin-Americans are not good for this strategy.
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
"Um Deus, um rei, uma fé, uma lei"

JuanPaWarthon
Volunteer
Volunteer

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:42 am

It would be nice if there would be a guide with the description of every technology that every immigrant has. 

Now I think Polish are the most suitable for Argentines but make sure you also selected Catholicism, because Polish also benefit Catholic technologies.

Japanese and German immigrants are great as well, so every civ that has them available should use them. Germans can ship 2 factories so they can boom a lot of resources and they also make villagers tougher and cheaper, plus cheaper Trading Posts and native units. Japanese can unlock all mining technologies so you can get coin faster and they can give you +100% HP to your explorers and Forts.
Kio ne mortigas vin unue, mortigas vin poste ....

Solo soy un violín que olvidó la última nota de su Réquiem ...

Dans le brouillard la route devient floue, comme ma destinée ...