This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Italians

Best immigrants for every latin civ

Mon May 14, 2018 4:34 pm

In this topic I will approach immigrants to Latin American civilians and how each faction can extract from the immigrants interesting pieces to improve some of their weaknesses, mainly in the military aspect :
  • Argentines: Being a civ that has as strong the cavalry, the immigrants can rebalance it, offering to the Argentine player a powerful infantry. I suggest the choice of the Polish immigrants, who with their auxiliaries, a powerful heavy infantry, which gives the Argentine the possibility to discard the training of carbineers.
  • Brazilians: Brazil offers the player who has patience for a late game a powerful economy, accompanied by a good army in relation to heavy infantry and cavalry, but his army has a weakness, the absence of a good skirmisher. For this I suggest the choice of the Germans immigrants  , who with their Brummers fill this space and still make it possible to increase the Brazilian economic power in the last age with two factories.
  • Paraguayan: The Paraguayan army is fit for the strategy of winning by the greatest number of combatants and not by the greater strength of its units. But his fully updated skirmisher and his cannons and dragons still make this civ a tough match. To further increase the power of the Paraguayan war machine, I suggest the choice of the Poles as immigrants again, with their heavy cavalry (the Picador) and the Auxiliaries, they complement exactly the greater weaknesses of the Paraguayan army.
For now this is my analysis on some Latin American Americans and their relationship with the immigrants, soon after playing more with the other civs of this culture I will complement this post .
Last edited by Militem Fides on Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
"Um Deus, um rei, uma fé, uma lei"

Doctorwho2485
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Dutch

Re: Best immigrants for every latin civ

Tue May 15, 2018 5:22 pm

I agree with this post I always use the Poles as immigrants while playing as Paraguayans. Also Ireland's Immigrants for the Colombians too. I'm and I be many people do and can't wait for the Hotfix to fix the immigrants for the computer AI to use them again. It's really sad at the moment.

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

To get an analysis you need to play with the other Latinos until you have a 40 level homecity to unlock all immigrant options. There are still: Colombians, Chileans, Peruvians, Mexicans and Haitians.
They are working to improve AI, so I believe not in the short term, but AI will still use Immigrants to improve Latin Americans
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians
ESO: CaChaCo

Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm

in my opinion 
1)paraguay = eastern european
reasons:
-cavalry +40% HP that means better acabotys and also they are so good with natives and if you have the card "25 guaicuru allies " you will have cavalry with 1000 hp and remember dont cost population
-at the end of the game that civ use to have a lot of wood , but with those inmigrants you can change all your wood for greater amount of coin that is so cool making less use of works of gold and that means more military population
-increas +1 limit in works , town center ,outpost and town hall . the most important thing is +1 heavy works MORE SPAM OF COHETES
2) argentines = i agree with you
3) brazil = is hard to say between confederates or japanes , why ?
*CONFEDERATES:
-2 importants upgrades for light cavalry and remeber that they have a really good unit : cazador montado 
-latin american civs can not buy spies to see the whole map unless it is with the Japanese, but Brazil has an immortal balloon from age one and with the Confederates would have another so it would be very helpful
-big button blocks enemy shipments 
*Japanese:
-the late game of this civ is normally with banderiantes+knight swordsmen and any other unit ,so is pretty helpfull increas the life of the explorer and also the hability to health units 
-japanese complements the needs of this civilization, as is the "mounted samurai legion" which is like a picador and also the "blackbelt legion" which are like Chinese disciples that endure enough and are good against guerrillas and artillery

-big button has the ability to show the whole map, something I do not see need to say how much it helps

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue May 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Hello Alucard, You brought me interesting information ... very interesting. Let's do it by steps.
1)paraguay = eastern european
Well ... you really made me change my mind about Paraguay, why? Simply by using them my focus is on infantry so that the combination Auxiliary \ Skirmisher (Fully updated) made me ignore the advantages that Ukrainian immigrants offered, especially this pertaining to money, and also the improvement for the cavalry.
3) brazil = is hard to say between confederates or japanes , why ?
Here I'm sorry, but I disagree. Using the "Mass Immigration" card, the Brummer starts to cost just 1 population and fully updated it turns into a very powerful skirmisher, perhaps it is weaker only than the Habsburg Grenzer.
The factories supplied by them are also a great help, for although they can provide resources, to me they are free cannons, and speaking in cannon Krupp Kannone is the icing on the cake.

You speak Portuguese? or another Latin language?
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am

maybe is a good point Brummer cost 1 pob with that card , but remember those are more shipments and i think is better use those shipments in the natives knight , and i forget a important think ....other good option with paraguay is picking the inmigrants that are good praying + catolicism , that is so OP and i don't use them cause i feel bad with me haha 
Yeah i am from Colombia ,so i speak spanish

Steve9000v2
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria

Wed May 16, 2018 12:34 am

I agree with Militem Fides.
 German immigrant is strong. They have strong cavalry, good skirs, powerful Krupp Cannon that shot fast.
Also they have Factories, which means Brazilian can auto train heavy cannon, right ? I'm not sure about that.

Rampo
Hwacha
Hwacha
Steam: BG_Rampo

Wed May 16, 2018 4:06 am

Steve9000v2 wrote: I agree with Militem Fides.
 German immigrant is strong. They have strong cavalry, good skirs, powerful Krupp Cannon that shot fast.
Also they have Factories, which means Brazilian can auto train heavy cannon, right ? I'm not sure about that.
yes, Steve9000v2 . any latin american civs which has German immigrant colony can auto train heavy cannon
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Militem Fides
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Well ... for the Paraguayans really gets balanced between Polish and Ukrainian immigrants, but the Lebanese think they are not necessary since the Paraguayan Skirmisher is better than the Maronite Rifleman.
"In nomine Domini"
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"

Alucard
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm

only as a curious fact for you to understand why they are op
1)upgrade that change cost of inmigrants to gold , so no more shipments
2)150 gold for 3 maronite rifleman and 100 for 3 villagers 
3)the last and more important detail , with bigbutton you will no need more works of food, wood and gold :p