This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Steve9000v2
Lassador
Lassador

Re: Nerfing the Inca Huaminca

Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 am

I agree with you JuanPaWarthon.
Mapuche's units are good against everything.They are, I think, the best civ in game.Their only weakness is thier Tribal council is weaker than others, but can still be using to explore. 
One of the most common strategies that I use is spamming villagers and ship food crates. On age 2, I spam Trangelafs. Once age 3 is reached, I start spamming Malons.
But new Haitians civ is even more brutal.

Speedyblupi
Roto
Roto
Favorite Civilization: Ethiopians

Tue May 29, 2018 7:38 pm

"That's why I tried to create Grenadies and Cannons backed up by skirmishers to counter them, but I fail every time."

Against fast melee units you need some strong front line units, like halbs or muskets (or equivalents).
Also, you should make use of huntables and mines in the early game instead of building farms and plantations. They produce much faster.

However, I do agree to an extent that the Huaminca is slightly OP... but only if you compare it to the Incas' other units. I think their units are a bit too weak in general.

Lightwell7
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Wed May 30, 2018 1:20 am

Pretty sure you just need to hit critical mass with Heavy Infantry. They don't have a bonus against them, so it should work out. Alternatively, use anti-infantry Artillery. Things die quickly.
"You're assuming three people who barely have the resources to manage three boxes will get a telescope and watch from atop a building"

an aca caraya
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:49 pm

only i see then the AI only use then , its funny for me (preparing for trigering on me) how , with artillery protected by a lot of skimicher(yep , i use paraguay or europeans) and see an counter calvary and destroyes kill all of then bacamarthers , they are killed in some seconds , i have line inf defending a fort , with more cannons than army, a lot of walls and many barracks to create then and all are death , and mapuche , (insert roblox death sound) calvary who dont die with nothing , infinite people runing to kill all my units adn many more, i love how in expert is only buff all the ENEMY AI , because i have australia and never create pom pom to destroy then , when i play australia the cannons is better they never move and i never can attack the enemy , USA gatlings , HA , cannot do something to stop that , the confederates only have an oportunity to stop that , union only i can defend , and when i have the luck of play in alpes and advance they only spam more faster that the chinese with infinite sources , and tupis , only are a easy kill for veryone when is the enemy and a joke if are allies , only hpland i see that can stop that with luck from all i see with all the halberdiers spam and flankeus of old patch and actual

JuanPaWarthon
Volunteer
Volunteer

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 am

Steve9000v2 wrote:   I agree with you JuanPaWarthon.
Mapuche's units are good against everything.They are, I think, the best civ in game.Their only weakness is thier Tribal council is weaker than others, but can still be using to explore. 
One of the most common strategies that I use is spamming villagers and ship food crates. On age 2, I spam Trangelafs. Once age 3 is reached, I start spamming Malons.
But new Haitians civ is even more brutal.
Definitely, I also do that sometimes, and yes, Haitians were more OP, but I think in the last patch they were nerfed. I really enjoyed massing Queen Mothers.

Speedyblupi wrote:

However, I do agree to an extent that the Huaminca is slightly OP... but only if you compare it to the Incas' other units. I think their units are a bit too weak in general.
I agree with that, to me the Huaminca is fine, it's just the star unit among the rest of Inca units . The base Huaminca is actually slightly weaker than base minor native Huaminca.
Kio ne mortigas vin unue, mortigas vin poste ....

Solo soy un violín que olvidó la última nota de su Réquiem ...

Dans le brouillard la route devient floue, comme ma destinée ...

ShinkuroYukinari
Paisano
Paisano
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Steam: Shinkuro Yukinari

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:36 pm

How to counter Huaminca? Fast play and micro. I discussed this already on the Discord server

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:00 am

There are so many units that counter the Huaminca effectively. Even Mamluks counter Huamincas if you have a group of fellahs with them. Its all about killing them quicker preventing the most amount of possible hits to cavalry as possible. Since you can't out eco incas ever, your goal is to siege the ushnu while having good anti heavy infantry to kill trained huamincas. This is somewhat easy since the average spawn time is much more than say Russians or Spanish who can train certain infantry instantly.

josé.arenas
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:11 pm

I definetly understand why the Tupi AI was defeated. I've defeated the Inca AI several times, but after they destroyed my Tupi town so many others, but I had houses around the map to spam villagers and recover faster. Nevertheless, if you got defeated playing the Ottomans you should reconsider your strategy. Try with a jenissaries frontline. If you get to pick the battlefield, think of a nearby forest that could cover your jenissaries or, if it's gonna take place in your town, behind buildings like markets, post offices, town councils, mosques, armeries or whatever the ottomans build that is harder to go around (so don't fight behind houses or plantations) and is not strategic (your tc for instance). Bullets go across buildings, infantery does not. Set a second line made of abus guns and prepare a few ranged cavalry to move around the Inca infantery and shoot them from their back while they are busy destroying your buildings and trying to reach your jenissaries. Take into account that that ranged cavalry can help you also to hit the Inca villagers from time to time and to guide the Inca infantery to the spot where you prefer to fight.
In order to destroy their city, consider setting a couple of front bases. One of them between your city and their city to hold them. The other one, close to their city but a little bit hiden so the AI won't attack it that often. For some reason, the Inca AI leaves open spaces between their buildings. Create tons of abus or some siege unit with a decent speed in that secondary front base and set your guys in the open spaces left in the Inca city. You will easily destroy a good part of it before the Inca reacts. I usually play with natives and use puma spearmen, ybira jaras or tashunke prowler to fulfill this task. I'm sure the Ottomans can do it better.

ChildericoFranco
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:02 am

HOLA CUANDO INSTALE EL JUEGO Y JUGABA CON ESPAÑA TENÍA A LOS RODELEROS YA LOS TXAPELGORRIS LUEGO SE ME INSTALÓ UNA ACTUALIZACIÓN Y ME CAMBIARON LAS UNIDADES ME GUSTARÍA VOLVER A JUGAR A LA VERSIÓN ORIGINAL?

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 am

ChildericoFranco wrote: HOLA CUANDO INSTALE EL JUEGO Y JUGABA CON ESPAÑA TENÍA A LOS RODELEROS YA LOS TXAPELGORRIS LUEGO SE ME INSTALÓ UNA ACTUALIZACIÓN Y ME CAMBIARON LAS UNIDADES ME GUSTARÍA VOLVER A JUGAR A LA VERSIÓN ORIGINAL?
no, no te gustaría.

also off topic and wrong sub-forum, this is an english section.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt