This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Fabrix199
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Petards OP and out of historical coherency

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:28 am

Well, its hard to start this... but here I go. Petards are OP in long matches, civs without them are in really disadvantage, I suggest to replace them with grenadier or other similar unit because petards... yes, they annoy me because I cant do anything against a spam of french petards... Its subjetive I know, but really I am trying to be objetive and I remark, civs without them seems in disadvantage.

About historical coherency, correct me if wrong, but I never heard of suicidal bombers, I did a quick search in google and didnt find any answer so... grenadiers looks better and more actual for every civ.

And that's all, this is my first post so yes, I mainly created this account to give my "opinion" or suggestion or complaint xD, dont be harsh with me k I will try to do something useful for this community.

P.S.: If you want a video I can gladly tell my friend to play and so you can see how unstoppable are petards, I will try to use artillery ;-j

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Petards OP and out of historical coherency

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:44 am

The less I say about this the better

Pikilic
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest