This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Jaka
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Ethopia strategy

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Been playing Ethopia (mostly out of historical interest, I've been intrigued by the country's history ever since I read up on it from Civ 5) and I'm wondering: are there any more experienced Ethopian players who can help me figure out a good army composition?

I'm wondering if the Oromo Horseman / Tigray Lancers are worth using, since they're not affected by the military research, or are they better replaced by other gunpowder units mid-game? Or is it better to dedicate to a full turtle / Palace army with Sebastapols / Seftenya / Dimoftar?

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Re: Ethopia strategy

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:23 am

You can ask people here.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

Speedyblupi
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 pm

I just joined the forum. Hi everyone.

From the little experience I have with Ethiopia, just massing Neftenyas and boosting their stats with cards and rushing infantry tech seems like an extremely powerful strategy.

Ethiopia is interesting, it seems to me like it's got potential to be massively overpowered compared to other civs, but it requires a ton of micromanagement of villagers, granaries and lots.

Lightwell7
Guerrillero
Guerrillero
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Just get that second TC and get free buildings forever.
"You're assuming three people who barely have the resources to manage three boxes will get a telescope and watch from atop a building"