This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

MrMushasii
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Re: Hasburgs troops

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Rampo wrote:
MrMushasii wrote: So are we only suppose to report balance issues here for Multiplayer where people in different skill levels play eachother?

Would that mean I can report every civ as unbalanced, because I always lose? (never played multiplayer yet but I'd guaranteed lose everything :P)
You always lose, that isn't mean the problem is unbalanced civ, I think you haven't swifted and skilled strategy enough, MrMushasii .You know that every civ has bonuses and weaknesses, depend on these that you need to choose the appropriate tactics
You're missing the point, saying <x> beat <y> on Multiplayer has very little to do with balancing and using it as an argument to unbalanced civs in offline play makes no sense.

Though I do think we shouldn't focus on balancing issues in offline play yet, since the A.I. isn't completed.

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:10 am

MrMushasii wrote:
Rampo wrote:
MrMushasii wrote: So are we only suppose to report balance issues here for Multiplayer where people in different skill levels play eachother?

Would that mean I can report every civ as unbalanced, because I always lose? (never played multiplayer yet but I'd guaranteed lose everything :P)
You always lose, that isn't mean the problem is unbalanced civ, I think you haven't swifted and skilled strategy enough, MrMushasii .You know that every civ has bonuses and weaknesses, depend on these that you need to choose the appropriate tactics
You're missing the point, saying <x> beat <y> on Multiplayer has very little to do with balancing and using it as an argument to unbalanced civs in offline play makes no sense.

Though I do think we shouldn't focus on balancing issues in offline play yet, since the A.I. isn't completed.
maybe, MrMushasii 
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

XavierXante
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Ore wa Shirohige da! wrote: Hi, I've got a question: don't you guys think doppelsoldner and demicannon are a little overpower? Because a single demicannon can destroy an outpost in one shot (and it's not the only artillery that can do that), while a single doppelsoldner can easily kill a small group of any kind of cavalry, and also has over 200 of siege attack, which is ridiculously high. I undestand that they are kind of "special" landknescht, but 945 HP for an infantry is really really high. Sorry for language mistake. 
Then what about longswordsman(2 pop) and ishikulu(1 pop)? I know that playing with zulu involves a LOT of micro. And ishikulu takes around 250 export and 'export' has least gathering rate. So ishikulu being OP is justified.

Maltese Longswordsmen take only 2 pop but have really good stats. almost comparable to merc. doppelsoldner. Why no one complains about them then?

Also they don't have any ranged armour so they easily fall prey to skirmishers and cannons. The only thing is don't let them get close, except when you're urumi.

Demicannons are OP. I agree. Even culverins are helpless vs them. 

But sioux warchief or rifle rider handle them pretty easily. Even siege elephant can easily take care of them. Besides they take 10 pop. So at most you can create 4 or 5 of them. This leads to reduction in numbers of their remaining units. Already their units are pop heavy. So if he creates 4 or 5 of them, his remaining army is very easy to defeat due to lack of numbers.