This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Xarit
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

about the Incas Special Unit

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 pm

the Incas are my current main faction while trying the mod and so far its been quite enjoyable to play as them in most matches but there's something i cannot grasp as of yet which is the Manco Horseman.

i can get them from the big button in the TC along side of shipments but the description of the unit says you can also get it from the temple. how do you do that exactly? i've constructed a Monument in certain matches but i dont see the option to call them, is it related to the warrior thing? or its something leftover from previous versions?, because so far its kind of a letdown that you can only call them by spending gold or shipments and they come limited in numbers and they arent exactly an OP unit.

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Re: about the Incas Special Unit

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:07 am

The description sais that, because when you activade the big button tech at the TC the Temple / Monuments spawn them.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

Re: about the Incas Special Unit

Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:11 pm

You need to research a big button tech at the town center to do a one time spawn of them at each of your ushnus (The inca temple building that trains your units). There are 3 big button techs available meaning you send for mancos this way 3 times at a building that has a build limit of 5. The first tech will provide 5 mancos if you have 5 ushnus built. Each tech after will increase the manco you recieve by 1 leading to the last tech providing a maximum of 15 mancos assuming you have all your ushnus built. The other method to get mancos is to ship from the homecity using regular cards with no costs, or the card that sends 10 of them and upgrades damage for 2000 coin. As with any unit delivering card, the non coin costing manco cards can be delivered twice if you send the card and reach the imperial age afterward.