This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Moderator: Pepp

Poman“Yes”Chack
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Re: SoI Open Volunterization

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:11 am

Kalo boleh tau...unit atau card nya apa aja sir

Pepp
Topic Author
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:59 am

Sunda
Unit: Menak (mounted gunner)
Tech
● Angklung
● Wayang Golek
● Jaipongan

delphi.teller
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Do you need any more researcher for Bali civ? I'm amateur historian, i also Balinese. I happen made small paper research about Kingdom of Bali specifically during under Gelgel Dynasty until their split to nine kingdoms. Althought that research already gone, I'm still remember some aspect of it, and if you want I can make a new and better one. It can help you to decide the function and background of, building, cultural, and tech of Bali civ (I cannot promise for any military terms, since their hard to come by).

delphi.teller
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:10 pm

By the way, You should make installer for this mod. Install this mod manually way to awkward and dangerous.

Pepp
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:29 am

delphi.teller wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:14 pm
Do you need any more researcher for Bali civ? I'm amateur historian, i also Balinese. I happen made small paper research about Kingdom of Bali specifically during under Gelgel Dynasty until their split to nine kingdoms. Althought that research already gone, I'm still remember some aspect of it, and if you want I can make a new and better one. It can help you to decide the function and background of, building, cultural, and tech of Bali civ (I cannot promise for any military terms, since their hard to come by).
It would be indeed a great help if it is for Bali. We have finished its outline, but historical info are welcome. We actually need military terms the most, as many units are named after some miscellaneous things (sikep, pemating, and pecalang for example). As an information, our Bali will cover both the nine kingdoms AND sasak states.

And yes, the manual installing was awful.

delphi.teller
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:57 am

Alright. I'll try my best. I will ask some of my family member for the military terms since their live in Bali for their entire life, one actually a pedanda (priest/shaman).

Pepp
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:09 am

Great. And off topic, we do have pedanda as the healer :)

delphi.teller
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:57 am

Bali pedanda do more than that. Some of them can bring and repel rain.

Pepp
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:47 pm

We already put Leyak and Celuluk as a fucking military unit in the roster. There is no need to make pedanda more obvious.

delphi.teller
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 am

I don't know you already know or not. I saw this picture in Google. This weapon called parancang if not mistaken. First i saw this at Bali Art Festival. According the shopkeeper who happen sell a bunch of edge weapon, parancang use by soldier who guard funeral ceremony.Image
One more thing, i present you picture depicting balinese warrior. This picture already circulated in web, maybe you already seen it.