This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Announcement: Haiti!

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 am

Coming in Patch 1.0.10:
The Haitians!

Wars of Liberty's newest civilization has just been announced! Along with the numerous missing civilizations, reworks, bug and balance fixes, and more coming in our next patch, the Haitians will also be making their debut!

Haiti is the Civilization of Revolutions, so stay tuned to learn more about their unique age-ups, units, and new religion: Voodoo!

Let us know your thoughts about this new civilization announcement in the comments!

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Re: Announcement: Haiti!

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 am

Are you sure this revolt civs is available in latin American only or more civs can use Haiti revolt civs?
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Rampo wrote: Are you sure this revolt civs is available in latin American only or more civs can use Haiti revolt civs?
Haiti is a new civilization.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:06 pm

HYPE ! I am personally pleased to hear this. I think the Haitians deserve their place in the mod. Great work as always guys !
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:55 am

Ahh, a new Latin American civs..... I've heard sometimes about this civs in real life, as well as present. This civs suffer natural disaster and got many casualties (It's in real life in the past, not in WOL). let's hope about something news here
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

PepePeyote
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:25 am

I knew this was coming, still, it's nice to see it finally here.

I hope the ideas I and other peoples provided were taken into account, and if so, credited and appreciated.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:28 am

PepePeyote wrote: I knew this was coming, still, it's nice to see it finally here.

I hope the ideas I and other peoples provided were taken into account, and if so, credited and appreciated.
Yeah, we're very excited about the civ too.
I have to mention, though, that this civ was designed a loong time ago so you're probably not going to see fan work in it.

PepePeyote
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:07 am

Jutlander wrote:
PepePeyote wrote: I knew this was coming, still, it's nice to see it finally here.

Yeah, we're very excited about the civ too.
I have to mention, though, that this civ was designed a loong time ago so you're probably not going to see fan work in it.

You like playing with our feelings huh?
Lol, anyways, it will be still the first civ I'm going to play once the patch comes out and I'm sure as hell I'll enjoy it

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Yeah, our civs are generally designed for years before we even consider adding them, the backlog is so big already and the team has dozens of possible future civs in the works, not to mention the three announced cultures that are on the way. Once a design looks unique and fun enough, we try it out ingame and with any luck our fans get to enjoy a surprise like this one!

PepePeyote
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:15 am

Wow, that's incredible.

Judging by your statement, WoL can actually make a civ out of each country during the 19th century. Or is there actually a limit to the number of civs you guys can make?
Also, you mentioned 3 cultures coming in the future. I'm only aware of he Polinesians and Middle Easterners, but what is the third one? Is that a secret and still unrevealed culture?
I'm asking this because on the Civilizations tab the Southeast Asians are listed as belonging to the already established Asian culture.

Either way, it's awesome. WoL has truly surpassed all of the other Aoe3 mods combined.