This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Pyrrhus
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Altering home city levels

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi all! 

Recently I downloaded WOL and it's arguably the best mod for AOE3 ever made. However, to fully explore all the possibilities without requiring an immense XP invesment, I was wondering how to alter home city levels in the .xml files. Normally, I could just adjust <xp>, <level> and <skillpoints> but for an unknown reason it does not work.

Can anyone give me a clear answer?

Circle of Ossus
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: Altering home city levels

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:23 pm

It depends on your installation, but did you go to the right folder(mygames/wars of liberty/savegame) ? Also, I don't think you have to edit the XP value, and avoid using extremely high numbers (100 is more than enough).

101mrniceguy10101
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 pm

As he said ^ 
Mine is under My Documents - My Games - Wars of Liberty - Savegame
Works on Lan parties too- got my entire flat with the mod and I've helped them all with editing thier homecities
I just edit with notepad put the level at 100 and the skill points like 200 more than enough to unlock all cards.
Press enter too when unlocking cards - halves the time taken, otherwise have fun with the full potential of your races

Pyrrhus
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you for the reply! 
I tried to do it with lower numbers (level and skill points) but it still does not work. 
Can it be because I downloaded it onto a Steam version?

Circle of Ossus
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 am

I have a steam version, so that does not matter.
So, now I want this info:
- Have you installed WOL over TAD, or seperately?
- What do you see then ingame? Absolutely no change/... ?
- Where are the files located you changed+ their names?
- What do you see when you open the edited files: do you still see the changes you made, or have they changed back?