This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

A Spooky Halloween Surprise!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello, fans! A few months ago, the team promised one more bug & balance patch to fix the issues that still exist in WoL 1.0.9c. Today, I am glad to announce that the patch is finally nearly complete and in testing, and it is massive! Patch 1.0.9d, or "The Coldfix," as the team has nicknamed it, comes  with over 100MB of bug fixes and balance! The patch notes will be posted when it releases in the next two weeks, but for now here are some of the highlights:

- Significant AI improvements for all civilizations!
 - All old civs, Egyptians, Incas, and Ethiopians are now fully voiced, including custom Caravan voicesets!
 - Australian unit cost escalation returns!
 - Balkan HCs are much less laggy!
 - Balkan Crops are significantly improved!
 - Polynesian Native Sites work!
 - Berry Bush bug fixed!
 - over 50 spooooky bug fixes!
 - over 50 scaaary balance changes!

But that's not the only spooky surprise in this totally-halloween-themed post that has nothing to do with Halloween and wasn't even posted on Halloween!

Because there's so much content going into version 1.1.0 which will add all of WoL's missing pieces and some new content as well, we decided we'd rather release intermediate updates than keep our fans waiting for the big one. With that in mind, update 1.0.10 is planned for later this year and will not only include some of WoL's missing content but also new content including an unannounced, secret civ! You'll have to wait until patch 1.0.9d is released for more information on this upcoming update, so be sure to follow along on the forum and our social media pages for news!

Circle of Ossus
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: A Spooky Halloween Surprise!

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Great idea/news!
I wonder who that secret civ will be, as the only civ I know that had been in production without announcing is Sudan, but a month ago a asked Fenriz about this civ and he said there had been made little progress with it. I know the team had approved certain designs from the Fountain. But I still wonder why septafolia removed the South African/Boer flag from its signature, so my primary guess is that this particular civ is in production; also in the thread there were some signs of this civ being in production. This could also explain its high rank as intern.

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Booyah! I can finally start crossing off bugs! *readies strikethrough pen*

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm

what a surprise, I just think of this new patch will not only fix bug issue and balancing, but also add new civs and The Great War... 
By the way, happy late halloween to WOL team members and other forum members....
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm

I feel I should know what the "Berry Bush bug" is, especially since it's given a name, and I'm the bug list guy...

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:14 am

Dr Roach wrote: I feel I should know what the "Berry Bush bug" is, especially since it's given a name, and I'm the bug list guy...
maybe the Big button tech in Tupi Long house
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Circle of Ossus
Independentista
Independentista

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 pm

@Dr Roach and @Rampo:
The berry bush bug, as far as I know, is a weird bug (mistake?) that made berry gathering about 50% more effective. While for a lot of players not very notable, it does affect high-skilled players (not really me XD ); it's one of them that found this bug I believe.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 am

Correct, it was a bug that made Berry Bushes, normally the least effective food gathering method, into the most effective food gathering method. For competitive games, it could have a significant effect!

Circle of Ossus
Independentista
Independentista

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Wait, it was the least effective food source? I had always thought it was as good as normal hunting without techs. (but berries usually lack techs)
So how bad compared to hunting will you make it?

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:29 pm

as bad as it always was