This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Multiplayer Homecities

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:48 am

What's up fam?

Well, I started this topic because after quite some time surfing the forums and even YT channels related to WoL I couldn't find an answer to this problem of mine.
The thing is, I can't create new HomeCities in Multiplayer (ES Online)

You see, everything else is fine. All civs are listed, available and playable in single player.
I just played a couple of matches with some friends in ESO, without any problem but this: I can't create new Home Cities. They are listed as available, all of them, including Malta, Italy etc. But I can't create a new HC, not even of the vanilla civs.
Whenever I try to do it a box comes up with the message "Unespecified Error".
There are, somehow, a bunch of WoL civs HomeCities available.

So far, the only WoL civs I can play in ESO are the Canadians, Australians, Paraguay and Argentina.
Is there anything I'm missing? Maybe some trick or files to edit in order to fix this?

Thanks in advance, I hope there is a solution for this. So far this has been the only issue I've had with WoL. Everything else is smooth.
By the way, this is the latest WoL version I'm talking about. Patch 1.0.9 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance!

Circle of Ossus
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: Multiplayer Homecities

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:25 am

While I do not know the reason/solution for this, I can advice to play on Gameranger. A lot of people use this to play online. It gives less bugs (like the bug that hinders some cards you bought; or your problem).

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 am

I finally found some spare time and tried GR but it didn't change anything. Still, I managed to solve this issue.
Apparently it has something to do with the Throne Room and enabling/disabling civs, even tho this is patch 1.0.9 and I thought TR had nothing to do with the latest version.
In sum, everything is fine now, but it was weird for sure.
Thanks for your recommendation.

Blanchard
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am

I'd like to know the answers to those questions as well. I couldn't figure that out either and I gave up in the end.

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:10 pm

Well, the way I solved it was by just going to the Throne Room and enabling the civ I wanted to play. It's weird tho, but that's the fix it worked for me

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Out of curiosity, from where you got your WoL installer? I ask this because the Throne Room hasn't been part of WoL since Patch 1.0.1.

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 pm

I know, that's why it has been quite weird for me. Everything about WoL I installed from the official forums, the thing is before updating to 1.0.9, I had a previous version of WoL, most likely pre 1.0.1.
When updating to 1.0.9 I encountered no issues whatsoever, and found the Throne Room folder was still there, unchanged. 

The Throne Room, as you stated, should have nothing to do with newer versions of WoL, but in my case, it still interacts with version 1.0.9; like I said, I use the Throne Room to enable/disable all civs but Malta and Italy, those 2 are available to me without the need of the TR.