This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Vulkhard Muller
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Greetings and first discussion!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:15 am

How's it going everyone, Names Vulkhard Muller but most on the internet just call me Vulk. I am an active member over on the www.discovergc.com which is a mod for the similarly aged Freelancer(which if you don't know is a Open world arcade style space ship rpg pretty awesome highly recommended and surprisingly large open world given how old the game is)

Any way,

Somethings to know about me as a Age player:
Favorite Age3 Civ: Russia
Favorite unit: Jeager
Favorite tactic: Russia Musketeer Fort Rush

Other:
I previously made YouTube videos on aoe3 units comparing them usually units that are in some way similar (Sepoy vs Jannisary Samurai vs Doppelsoldner Gurkah vs cassadores ect ect) I look to do this again but by comparing units based on equivalent resources or something.

Dream Civ for Age3: something Pirate based I intend on making a post with my ideas for how the civil would work so if someone could point me in the direction of the civil suggestions forum/thread that would be lovely.

Anyway greetings all

*Bow*

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Greetings and first discussion!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:44 am

Welcome to the forum!

Such a video would be interesting for the mod, though it may become an exercise in futility as we keep doing balance patches semi-frequently.

Any and all civ suggestions go in the Fountain.

Have fun!

Circle of Ossus
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:47 am

Nice idea, as I am unsure if the hadjuk is worth it ( it feels so weak). I do know that the tupi archer isn't worth it, I think I even made a post about that, as the tupi have trouble countering escopeteros.

Dr Roach
Blandengue
Blandengue

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 pm

The Tupi archer isn't too bad in my experience- definitely not good, but not terrible. It may seem to have the same stats as a strelet, but they actually fire quite a bit faster.