This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: British

Great War Question

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 pm

When the Great War is implemented, I trust there will be a way, when starting a new game, to disable it for that particular game? There are still some of us who want to stay in the 19th century.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Great War Question

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:07 am

There won't be one. But I'm pretty sure you're overestimating just how easy it is to advance to the Great War.

alejandro.ossio
Volunteer
Volunteer

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:45 am

People forget that machine guns, armored vehicles, armored ships and even submarines were created in the 19th century

For more information, you can read the second boer war

Dr Roach
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:19 am

Submarines were used for warfare in the 18th century, first in the American Revolution. 

Also, how do you plan on implementing the great war for the natives and Africans? I think just giving stronk units with a generic early-modern skin would be boring.

Capitán
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 am

Hey guy y dont understand you....
Whats the problem with africans and nativeamericans in the GW age?

Africa was a great combat camp in this period... europeans colonies and african kingdoms vasalles to europeans they fight with all tecnologies of this moment

In america, the USA in alliance with various caciques, declared the war to the german empire
http://nativeamericannetroots.net/diary/573

And they not fight with bow and arrows in this war.....

In mexico with their revolt the tribes fight with powder againt USA

In southamerica the quechua and aymara people (they formed the old inca civilization)
Fight to Peru and Bolivia. In the chaco war inter Bolivia and Paraguay, a lot of aymara people fight in tanks and airplanes....

Excuse me for my bad english...

Dr Roach
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:31 pm

Nothing- just, in the old GW plans, it seems a bit strange to just give everyone the same, generic units, obviously European units. I'm not saying they shouldn't get Great War, I'm saying they should get a more unique GW.

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: British

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:47 am

Nonetheless, I still think that there should be an option to disable the Great War Age for a particular game.

Rampo
Blandengue
Blandengue

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:56 pm

sirnori wrote: Nonetheless, I still think that there should be an option to disable the Great War Age for a particular game.
I know what you want for this, sirnori . I remember when I played WOTTA, there's a launcher (named Throne Room), as well as you installed it after WOTTA, which used to modify AI to use for this WOTTA mod, as well as other option, like: change in game music, enable or disable Great War, ... Unfortuantely, The Throne Room now no longer used in WOL
For me, i hope if WOL member can create a WOL Launcher like Throne Room, It could be great
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo