This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

brendon.zhan
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: Weird Mistakes in the Reworked Chinese Civilisation

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 am

Sunreaver wrote: Only Han Bannerman use Gunpowder weapons. The name for Manchu early game unit deserves a better name [Niru Horseman].
I agree with that, Han people usually use much modernise weapons, while manchu people tends to use bow and arrow more, however the banner system did work pretty well at the beginning.

Sunreaver
Roto
Roto

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:07 am

Not to forget Gyrfalcons play a good role in manchurian combat, hunting and luxury. They are order to gouge eyes off enemy soldiers. Manchus are good falconers and bowman surpassing the mongols. Maybe the Bannerman/Manchu could get a gyrfalcon pet that trickles export. Manchus play a traditional game of shooting candles at night with arrows. Xiangu unit looks weird they are suppose to be petards or grenadiers instead of musketwoman.

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:57 pm

That sounds like it'd be a cool ability for the Asian spy- release gyrfalcons to eliminate the ranged attack of a small group of units.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:25 am

jogq wrote: The second I understand since china in early 19th century had issues with keeping their armories updated, however I thought the random weapon (like boxers and paraguay use) could be used on them 
I can't see the random hand weapon that Chinese Boxer armed in WOL game like Paraguayan Primero, although Boxer's Description say "Chinese peasant armed with various weapons. Good against cavalry", Boxer only armed with a pike as hand weapon
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

jogq
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah I think its a bug with the boxers, or maybe it was left for future implementation, since its not a huge deal. Still I hope to see the random weapon feature used more, it was an excellent idea and work from whoever did it.

vuquangthai
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Vietnamese

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:00 am

Sunreaver wrote: Only Han Bannerman use Gunpowder weapons. The name for Manchu early game unit deserves a better name [Niru Horseman].
Not really. Manchu Eight Banner army used gun, like Han Bannerman and Luying army. But fewer because most of Manchu Bannerman is cavalry, maybe they think use bow in horseback is better than gun.

And Xiangu, i think it is based on female troop of Taiping Rebels?

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:39 pm

vuquangthai wrote: Not really. Manchu Eight Banner army used gun, like Han Bannerman and Luying army. But fewer because most of Manchu Bannerman is cavalry, maybe they think use bow in horseback is better than gun.

And Xiangu, i think it is based on female troop of Taiping Rebels?
This chinese civ in WOL use modernized troops mostly, may be musket like (Banner Cav, xiangu, kansu brave, ...) may be used mostly, instead of some kind of archaic unit like: chukonu, manchu horse archer, ...
About the Female xiangu, i think this unit, along with Kansu Brave, is in the Qing muslim army. 

BG Rampo

vuquangthai
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Really, when modders said about Chinese modernized troops, i think they will make Taiping, Xiang and Huai army, or Beiyang and New Army in Late Qing era :v 

Btw, in the game i like Yung most :v they look cool

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:56 am

vuquangthai wrote: Really, when modders said about Chinese modernized troops, i think they will make Taiping, Xiang and Huai army, or Beiyang and New Army in Late Qing era :v 

But Yung is too weak, even though this unit isn't use pop cost and has limited in high number. this unit maybe useful in earlier age (age 2)....

BG Rampo

vuquangthai
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Rampo wrote:
vuquangthai wrote: Really, when modders said about Chinese modernized troops, i think they will make Taiping, Xiang and Huai army, or Beiyang and New Army in Late Qing era :v 

But Yung is too weak, even though this unit isn't use pop cost and has limited in high number. this unit maybe useful in earlier age (age 2)....
yes :v i only use them in age 2 or 3 :v