This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Comrade Alexander
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Chinese

Something About Southeast asia civilazation -Vietnam

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:38 am

I'd like to ask about the progress made in Southeast Asian Civilization?I have an important suggestion about Vietnam. Although Vietnam is located in Southeast Asia, it is culturally integrated with East Asia,especially China.The architecture of Vietnam is very different from that of Thailand, Laos and Malaya.So, please design Vietnamese architecture like China, Japan and Korea,East asian style or Chinese style.but  upgrades and other models can be the same as Indonesia and Thailand.
    In AOE 2 the rise of rajas, Vietnamese buildings were designed to be the same as those in Burma, causing many people to complain,Please don't make the same mistake in Wars of Liberty,Thank you.
    In addition, the name of Thailand is better in Siam, and the name of Thailand did not appear until 1949.Thank you.

Rampo
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger

Re: Something About Southeast asia civilazation -Vietnam

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:46 am

I hope you've visited Vietnam, especially Hue, Comrade Alexander . where you visit Ngo Mon Gate (Royal Citadel of Hue). if you think using style of Ngo Mon Gate (Royal Citadel of Hue) as example of texture of Vietnamese building in WOL is good or bad idea, tell me....
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:08 am

The architecture of Malaya is also very different from that of Thailand, Burma, and Laos. Duh. Do you know that Zulu and Ethiopia shared the same architecture, despite being located far away each other in a different culture? No?

Rampo
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:02 am

Ask for me, Pepp ??? Hmm, .... i think some building can share its architecture, but some can't, example: Zulu Ikhanda, horse and gunpowder krall, ...

BG Rampo

Comrade Alexander
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Rampo wrote: I hope you've visited Vietnam, especially Hue, Comrade Alexander . where you visit Ngo Mon Gate (Royal Citadel of Hue). if you think using style of Ngo Mon Gate (Royal Citadel of Hue) as example of texture of Vietnamese building in WOL is good or bad idea, tell me....
I'm sorry to hear that, but let me be honest with you. I haven't visited Vietnam yet.But I am both a Vietnamese history lover and a  history researcher of Vietnam and China.I know the  Ngo Mon Gate,in Chinese it is "午门”,Royal Citadel of Hue is modeled after the Forbidden City in Beijing, China, but reflects the architectural features of vietnam. I'm in favor of your idea,

Comrade Alexander
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Rampo
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:09 pm

That's right, Comrade Alexander . This is a correct architecture of some building in Hue, especially Ngo Mon Gate, and I hope WOL team member can use as texture of Vietnamese Building in WOL in the future. 
Don't worry about not visiting Vietnam, If you know about Vietnam, i'm very appreciated. You know that it's hard to say, I come from Vietnam, and I know what Vietnam was in timeline 1789 - 1914, for Building Architecture, People, history, ... . Unfortunately, WOL team member doesn't allow me to do that. You are history researcher of Vietnam, you know what to do....

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:47 pm

What do you mean when you say we don't allow you? We never said that.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 pm

This thread is an absolute trainwreck.

Comrade Alexander
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:37 am

Hoop Thrower wrote: This thread is an absolute trainwreck.
It looks as if the Wol team has designed the architecture in Vietnam as well as in Siam(Thailand) and indonesia,please  correct this mistake..................................................