This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Milord Kamyk
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Building ships when playing as Egypt

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi. My question is like in the title; how do you build ships when playing Egyptians? I have built the harbor caravan, it is sailing on the water, but when I try to build a warship, it says something like "harbor caravan is too far from the shore". So I move it as close to the shore as I can, but still can't build this damn floating piece of wood with cannons  ^^' Is it a bug, underdeveloped feature or am I messing some things? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is it just not ready yet :)

Rampo
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Re: Building ships when playing as Egypt

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Milord Kamyk wrote: Hi. My question is like in the title; how do you build ships when playing Egyptians? I have built the harbor caravan, it is sailing on the water, but when I try to build a warship, it says something like "harbor caravan is too far from the shore". So I move it as close to the shore as I can, but still can't build this damn floating piece of wood with cannons  ^^' Is it a bug, underdeveloped feature or am I messing some things? I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is it just not ready yet :)
Milord Kamyk, i've got this problem as you. maybe this caravan hasn't fully completed yet, it's just usable for training fishing ship or reaching tech. I give you suggest to train warship in this caravan, of course it's temporary: First, Get harbor caravan near shore, 
then click a tech you want to reach in this caravan (remember the tech you want to reach shouldn't be fully reached, if the tech is nearly reached. like 90%, you have to quickly click in this tech to cancel that tech and find another one ) recommend for the tech which takes long time to reach.
Example: Surrounding Nets tech, which make Boats gather Food from Fish and Coin from Whales faster. 
Next, quickly train your warship until your resources to train warship is not enough, or warship reach limit, or reach the limit of number of ship that wait to train (may be 12). 
Finally, look at the teach you want to reach (you'll see the blue of this, that mean this tech is reaching), for example: Surrounding Nets tech is reaching, quickly click it again to cancel this tech, so that you can begin to train warship from now on.
Remember, at least 1 tech in Habor caravan must be available to do so, otherwise, you can't train warship in this caravan

If this suggestion is too difficult for you, you can train a fishing ship, then do the same like using tech, but watch out of your current population available slot, because fishing ship use 1 pop cap, If your current population available slot is same or more limit population slot (200), you can't train warship in this caravan unless you have to "self-kill" some unit that use pop cap
Last edited by Rampo on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Milord Kamyk
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:01 am

Thank you for your tip!  :D  It'll help me a lot in gameplay  :)

Rampo
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Milord Kamyk wrote: Thank you for your tip!  :D  It'll help me a lot in gameplay  :)
You're welcome, Milord Kamyk . Also i hope WOL member can fix this problem so that harbor caravan can train all type of ships without problem 
Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo