This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

piowtrpolo
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Version Mismatch

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:54 am

My brother and I have just found this great mod and wish to play it, but after installing the mod and running the updater we constantly get version mismatch when we try to play LAN.  We both installed the aoe3 complete edition through steam at the same time and ran the wars of liberty installer at the same time with the updater twice and still no luck on playing a LAN game.  Anyone have any advice?

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Re: Version Mismatch

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:42 pm

did yo both install to the correct directory at programfiles68/steam/steamapps/common/ageofempires3/bin? This is the only possible cause for this unless a mod was previously installed on one of your aoe3 copies beforehand.

piowtrpolo
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: Version Mismatch

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:28 pm

I didn't know we had to install to the same directory by hard drive I mean.  We both installed it into our bin files but both are on separate hard drives.  I'll give that a try.  My brother also had napoleonic era recently installed, but he said he removed that, maybe not everything got removed.