The Mediterranean Update
It's a pretty well known fact by this point that we on the Wars of Liberty team can't release a patch without at least one major hiccup. It turns out that this time, (besides a few timely hotfixes,) that snag was forgetting to actually announce the patch.Oops. So, without any further ado, the Wars of Liberty team is proud to introduce patch 1.0.9c, the Mediterranean Patch!
All previously-announced features, including:
- The Italians, featuring advanced Religion and Espionage systems, including the powerful Mafioso.
- The Maltese, featuring an AoE2-inspired unit roster, including the iconic Trebuchet.
- New unit rosters, explorer designs, buildingsets, and bonuses for many of the Vanilla civilizations.
- Read more details about the already-announced additions here.
AI improvements, now allowing many of WoL's civilizations to function as opposing civilizations. Special thanks to guest6777, Militem Fides, Septafolia and Zupay.
Numerous balance changes and minor improvements, notably:
- Rebalanced religious technologies
- Reworked Egyptian library technologies
- Remodeled and balanced Balkan Crops
- All Vanilla civilizations now have unique politicians
- Immigrants are now more cost-efficient
- New Revolutions for Latin Americans
- For a full list, see the Patch Notes section below.
Download the new Updater and run it to update your version of WoL to 1.0.9.
If you have any issues updating WoL to 1.0.9, or need to install the base mod first, visit our Installing and Updating thread for detailed instructions.
Full Patch Notes Feel free to discuss the patch here and, in the meantime, we'll see you on the battlefield!