This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Bismarck
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

State of the Mod?

Thu May 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Hey, I'm an old-timer who has just looked up WotTA for the first time in years. I don't remember what my name used to be... I think I might have been "President Washington" or something. Of course, it's been years.

I was wondering what the general state of the mod is? Like, which civilizations have functioning AI, and which civilizations have complete assets? I have some old version of the mod installed that includes the African pack, but I don't know what the best version is right now.

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Re: State of the Mod?

Fri May 12, 2017 11:54 am

Welcome!, and a new patch is near  (1.0.9), this include Malta and Italy as new civilizations. Actually you can enjoy with many civs and maps, and we're always fixing balancing the game.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

Bismarck
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 am

Fenriz wrote: Welcome!, and a new patch is near  (1.0.9), this include Malta and Italy as new civilizations. Actually you can enjoy with many civs and maps, and we're always fixing balancing the game.
What about the AI, though? For example, I just played a game of Hapsburgs/Germans/Bulgarians against Russians/Greeks/Serbians. None of the Balkan civs ever aged up, although the Germans and Russians were competitive and aggressive (though way less than they'd be in the vanilla game).

And it seems like the Great War technology isn't in the game anymore?

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Sat May 13, 2017 12:40 pm

No one can code AI well (or they just don't have the time to), just like the old days....

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Sat May 13, 2017 12:45 pm

The AI's will be gradually added to the mod in the next few patches. Note that it is a time consuming task and will take some time for me to get all the Ai's working. I will try to start with ones who don't need that much work then move onto the harder ones.

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Sat May 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Bismarck wrote:
Fenriz wrote: Welcome!, and a new patch is near  (1.0.9), this include Malta and Italy as new civilizations. Actually you can enjoy with many civs and maps, and we're always fixing balancing the game.
What about the AI, though? For example, I just played a game of Hapsburgs/Germans/Bulgarians against Russians/Greeks/Serbians. None of the Balkan civs ever aged up, although the Germans and Russians were competitive and aggressive (though way less than they'd be in the vanilla game).

And it seems like the Great War technology isn't in the game anymore?
The AI is complicated, then is a thing of patience. And we're making the rework of Great War, will be available in the future.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

KutuzovkiVril
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed May 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Is there no an aproximate date for patch 1.09 release? 

DayoftheNinja
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Thu May 18, 2017 6:05 am

Hey, President Washington! If it really is you, welcome back!

ANCANEITOR
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:49 am

DayoftheNinja wrote: Hey, President Washington! If it really is you, welcome back!
Damn, I remember him. I feel old for being a 16 year old.
"Cuanto de mejor natural es un carácter, peor es el resultado de su corrupción" -Platón
"The better nature a character has, the worse the result of it`s corruption." -Plato