This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Voice Acting for WoL

Wed May 29, 2019 3:35 am

Thanks but no thanks

orestis.iordanidis
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:11 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w6nxrl1it ... r.zip/file Greek unit sounds cause i noticed you have used those from aom.If you want something different cause some of the original lines are not what they should sound like.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: Rudley Dudley

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 am

Awesome, solid quality, thanks for the clips!

Bamse & Kylling
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello there!

I answered yesterday to your Facebook post that I would be able to do the Danish voiceset, so here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6tzxl78vf ... t.zip/file

The 25 commands of the voiceset template should be there. I've sometimes used my own translations as some of the words in the Excel spreadsheet were missing/inappropriate.
The sound quality of this voiceset might not be top-notch since I simply used the microphone of my computer. Anyway, I hope that it is sufficiently good to be used!

Let me know if you want me to change something.

DavidIbragimov
Gaucho
Gaucho
Favorite Civilization: Dutch

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:59 am

This is maybe a bit random, but if you guys ever struggle with finding voice overs for units, I found a site which allows you to hire proffesional voice actors. You give them a dialogue, they audition, you find the best one, and if you are satisfied with the results you pay.  The languages are limited, but will give better voice quality from proffesional voice actors

https://www.voices.com/
Bank Boom Baby!