This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

sirnori
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: sirnori

Re: Voice Acting for WoL

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:37 pm

Ah. Should have looked.

sirnori
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Is the dialogue I posted of an acceptable standard?

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:20 am

Oh, what a nice line for Javanese. But you use a weird ancient malay line tho...

sirnori
Horse Grenadier
Horse Grenadier

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:32 am

Will my dialogue be used in the mod?

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:28 pm

The quality sounds good enough to me. I don't speak the languages so I have no idea how your accent is, but we'll probably use them. Thanks!

Dwuu
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:58 am

DayoftheNinja wrote: Hey everyone! One thing I should mention: the best source for voicesets is other games, since we usually don't need to edit them before they're added to WoL!

While I own all of the past Age games, I don't have all of the expansions for AoE2HD and AoMEE. If you have all of the expansions for either of these games, please send me the voices contained in the games so I can add them! You can find AoE2's in C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age2HD/resources/_common/drs/sounds and C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age2HD/resources/en/sound/scenario. For AoM, I'd like everything from C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Mythology/sound. These may be large folders, so feel free to compress them into a ZIP or RAR archive and upload to a site like mediafire or 4shared.

I also don't own any Civilization or other RTS games, and would love to have all of the voices from all of those as well! Sending any of these will get you a thank you and a mention in the credits!
I thought AoE 2: HD provided all of the files regardless of whether one has purchased them...

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

We already have all those voices in either case. Both from Civilization games and Age of games.