This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Voice Acting for WoL

Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 am

If you've played WoL, you've probably noticed that some units speak the wrong language, use an incorrect accent, or don't say anything at all. What you may not know is that you can help us fix that, and it's one of the easiest things to do! If you contribute a voice (even from another game), you'll get a mention in WoL's credits, plus a huge thank you from the team!

You can find many of the phrases we need recorded here, however some languages are still unfinished. Make sure to record whatever commands you can, and if you'd like to help us finish the document feel free to comment any changes below!

Voiceset Template
If your language is not included in the main post or entries are missing, you can translate the model below to create your own. Feel free to use slang to better fit your dialect, we want the voicesets to fit the civilizations they are made for:
Template
I'm ready.
What is your command?
Orders?
Yes?
Hello?
I'll do it.
I'm going now.
Yes.
Okay.
I'll attack!
To battle!
To arms!
Yes!
Hunter.
Gatherer.
Shepherd.
Farmer.
Fisherman.
Lumberjack./Forester.
Miner.
Merchant.
Builder.
(Explorer only) I'm injured and I can't get up!
(Explorer only) I feel better now.
(Explorer only) Thanks for paying my ransom!

Recording and Uploading a Voiceset
Tutorial
Recording a Voiceset:
0. Make sure you are in a quiet area with as little background noise as possible.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Type "Record" into the search bar.
3. Click on "Sound Recorder" or "Voice Recorder".
4. Click "Start Recording".
5. When you hit stop, it will prompt you to save somewhere.
Uploading your Voiceset
1. Right click on your desktop and select New -> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
2. Put any and all recording files into that folder and compress it.
3. Go to Mediafire.com.
4. Select the archive you created on your desktop and drag it onto Mediafire.
5. When the upload is complete, navigate to the download page for that archive and copy the url of that page.
8. Post it here, or PM it to me, or Email me.
9. Get thanked!
Thank you to everyone that already has recorded a voiceset for your help! We look forward to continuing to make WoL a fantastic experience for all fans, and we appreciate all of the support that you all give us to achieve that!

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Re: Voice Acting for WoL

Wed May 10, 2017 2:25 am

Hey everyone! One thing I should mention: the best source for voicesets is other games, since we usually don't need to edit them before they're added to WoL!

While I own all of the past Age games, I don't have all of the expansions for AoE2HD and AoMEE. If you have all of the expansions for either of these games, please send me the voices contained in the games so I can add them! You can find AoE2's in C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age2HD/resources/_common/drs/sounds and C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age2HD/resources/en/sound/scenario. For AoM, I'd like everything from C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Mythology/sound. These may be large folders, so feel free to compress them into a ZIP or RAR archive and upload to a site like mediafire or 4shared.

I also don't own any Civilization or other RTS games, and would love to have all of the voices from all of those as well! Sending any of these will get you a thank you and a mention in the credits!

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Thu May 11, 2017 2:39 pm

I can make both of these downloadable through a google drive link for you.

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Thu May 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Except the fact that Rise of Rajah's Malay is f* weird. They don't even have Thai. Sawaddee krup

Septafolia
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Ethiopians

Thu May 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Apparently they speak "a mix of Old Malay and Sanskrit." Either way it's anachronistic, but better than nothing.
It would be nice to get Amharic for the Ethiopians instead of Turkish.
Image Image

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Thu May 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Oh yeah, that would be awesome.

Pepp
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Fri May 12, 2017 4:20 am

"Apparently they speak "a mix of Old Malay and Sanskrit." Either way it's anachronistic, but better than nothing."

Neither. It speaks modern Indonesian. So it actually fit to this mod, but yet it is so weird in my ear.

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri May 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Huge shoutouts to two users today! First, thank you to MetalTooth for recording a few American voicesets, the first voicesets on the new forum! And second a huge thanks to ometecpatzin for sending the voicesets from AoE2, AoM, and some of Civ V! These will be immensely helpful in giving voices to the nations that still need them.

If anyone has the full voicesets for Civ V or any of the other Civilization games, the Total War games, or... I don't know, does Rise of Nations have voices? In any case, any voicesets and you get a thank you and a mention in our credits (and the joy of having helped this mod)!

IGdood
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:55 pm

DayoftheNinja wrote:
If anyone has the full voicesets for Civ V or any of the other Civilization games, the Total War games, or... I don't know, does Rise of Nations have voices? In any case, any voicesets and you get a thank you and a mention in our credits (and the joy of having helped this mod)!
I may be able to assist with the voice sets from Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2 Total War if you still want them. 

DayoftheNinja
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 pm

@IGdood Absolutely!