This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Re: Mac/Linux installation guide

Wed May 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Did you check programfiles_68? Check the entire drive c directory for a folder called BCM using finder to search it if needed.

Armsy
Roto
Roto

Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Programfiles_68 doesn't show up either, I checked for both in finder search.
It seems like I must have done something wrong when installing bcm1043.exe on my wrapper, but all I did was choose "install software" then "choose setup executable" where I select the "bcm1043.exe" file and kept location as  "C:/Program Files/Kucoc." So doesn't seem like I could have gone wrong there.

Any other ideas on something I could try? Any step that would effect the location of the BCM folder?

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Thu May 18, 2017 3:24 pm

I'll do this for you and anyone else who is having this issue (its possible the bcm.exe could have changed since my last experiment). I will provide here a download link to download the 13codecx.ax directly from google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EnJ ... 3lTN1RfRFk. That directory in which to place it should be easier to find I assume.

Armsy
Roto
Roto

Mon May 22, 2017 9:39 pm

I am trying to use your pre-made Wars of Liberty Wrapper, I click the wrapper and it automatically opens steam, I set up an account and steam runs but no games or anything in the search bar will load, even though i know i am connected to the internet.

Is this not how I should be accessing steam? not sure what I'm doing wrong.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Mon May 22, 2017 9:51 pm

you tried to download other games instead of aoe3? If you do this, you can make the wine wrapper unusable. Are you able to go to the library? This was made for aoe3 alone. Its normal for most of steam to be inoperable in steam unless you use a certain engine or winetrick. All you will need here is library to install and from then on use desktop shortcuts.

Armsy
Roto
Roto

Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 pm

no i am not trying to install any other games, 
the problem is I am trying to install age of empires, but steam won't let me search and download the game
Instead, there is just a constant loading screen with no games shown to buy.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Mon May 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Take a read here https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=19444. I haven't worked with wol on a regular steam wrapper in a long time. Perhaps you could experiment with a more recent wine wrapper to see what happens. Did you have this issue when you tried to build your own wrapper as well?

Armsy
Roto
Roto

Tue May 23, 2017 1:57 am

okay so I was able to download Age of Empires 3 Complete Collection on steam using this guide, 

to install the Wars of Liberty mod, do I use the same wrapper I created to install ages on steam? 
I tried to do that but I'm getting stuck, was hoping you could just clear up the steps following the ones you have posted.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 am

Well, if steam isn't working correctly, you can uninstall it in the directory and reinstall it to work. Every time I've built a wrapper, installed steam using normal settings and it worked okay. You should install wars of liberty to the wrapper containing a installed and working aoe3.

javier.flores
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Can I install this with a pirated copy of the game?
Not pirated, everything works fine, but downloaded from the internet. No cd nor steam copy.