This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: Coming in Patch 1.0.9...

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Thing is, we don't want to be ''fully accurate''. Which is fine since this is a game and, mostly, that term isn't really historically serious.

rama.narendra
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Jutlander wrote: Thing is, we don't want to be ''fully accurate''. Which is fine since this is a game and, mostly, that term isn't really historically serious.
I know. That's why i said if you guys want to
I still hoped that all civs (if not the majority of them) got modernized though :D

oscars
Fur Trader
Fur Trader
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm reading the various discussions about the Ottoman Empire that was a crumbling state, so it has an outdate military on the mod, ok true. But why does not the same logic apply to Spain? Spain started 1800 invaded by Napoleon; during 1800 lost a lot of wars and colonies and finished 1800 losing Spanish–American War.
Spain was op in age III but u are making more Op with your mod, i can't understand why.

Circle of Ossus
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu May 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Maybe quoting myself is answer?
"I think it is better to represent them from during their most succesful period. While one modern unit or so wouldn't harm I guess, (...) Also, I don't think that because the mod focusses on the 19th, it should only do the 19th. Do not forget that vanilla represented something like 1450-1860, and this mod seems to have kept that (this is why I like WOL so much)."  Balancing Spain should probably be posted in a seperate topic. I do have to admit I cannot play well with Spain  :razz: . I just love Imperial Tercios too much.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 pm

oscars wrote:Spain was op in age III but u are making more Op with your mod, i can't understand why.
You're, once again, complaining about the balance of a civilization that hasn't even been released to the public. What gives?

oscars
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Thu May 04, 2017 8:08 pm

You're, once again, complaining about the balance of a civilization that hasn't even been released to the public. What gives?
You may be more kindly responding occasionally. Then i just saw statistics http://aoe3wol.com/europeans#Spanish and Batidors in action in a game.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu May 04, 2017 8:27 pm

But the updated Spanish haven't been released yet, I wouldn't yet dare to evaluate their performance, Spain was strong before, sure, but nowhere near one of our "OP" civs by any means... unless you're using that really old patch that has Batidores with the ridiculous speed bonus?

oscars
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks for your exhaustive answer. I still have my doubts but it's ok, i'll see them when patch comes out.

Metaltooth
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Australians

Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Will there be more voicing for the existing factions that have voiceless units?

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Sat May 06, 2017 12:14 am

Metaltooth wrote: Will there be more voicing for the existing factions that have voiceless units?
Indeed we're working in the voice sets, will come in the future patches.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image