This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Wars of Liberty
Topic Author
Official Mod Account
Official Mod Account

Welcome to the new forums!

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:45 pm

After some administrative changes, we have moved to another new forum, hopefully for good this time! This forum keeps all of the great additions that the last one brought - as well as some new additions. We have preserved many of the popular threads from the old forum, both from team members and average users. We'll try to make sure these posts are returned to the users that made them when they register, so let us know if we miss any of yours!

- Feel free to introduce yourself before you tour the forums and join in on the discussion!
- For more information about the mod, Visit our Homepage and browse the information there, and be sure to Download the Mod to try it out for yourself!
- If you have any trouble installing or playing the game, visit this forum to get help.
- If you'd like to try another mod, please check out our Affiliate Mods!

- Si usted habla el mejor idioma del mundo, español, por favor venga a este foro hecho para usted.
- Se você fala a mais bela língua que é o Português, por favor acesse nossa área feita para você.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Wars of Liberty
Topic Author
Official Mod Account
Official Mod Account

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Thu May 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey WoL fans!

I decided that I wanted to spice up the forums a little bit, so I added some new BBCodes! They don't show up on the posting page, so here's a quick rundown of each of them (and a couple that were already on here but you may not know about):

Collapse/Spoiler
If your post is too long or you want to hide a spoiler, you can use a collapsible box to hide a portion of your post. You can use multiple in one post, but both of these BBCodes require titles to differentiate them.
Example:

Code: Select all

[spoiler=AoE3 Campaign Spoilers]The Old Coot is Morgan Black[/spoiler]
AoE3 Campaign Spoilers
The Old Coot is Morgan Black
Horizontal Line
Great for separating sections in a post!
Example:

Section 1
[hr]
Section 2

Section 1
Section 2

Username Mentions
To notify a user of your post, you can now use the mention BBCode. Note that abuse of this BBCode will result in a warning and eventually a ban.
Example:

[mention]DayoftheNinja[/mention] is the coolest!

@DayoftheNinja is the coolest!

Tooltips
You can now add a tooltip that hovers over text on your post, for example if you want to write out an acronym or explain a link. Write the hover text after the '=' and the text it explains between the tags.
Example:

Now I understand all of the [tooltip=Three Letter Acronyms]TLAs[/tooltip] on the forum!

Now I understand all of the TLAs on the forum!

Steam
If you'd like to link to a game on steam, you can now do that with the Steam BBCode. Simply write the App ID (the numbers in the game's URL) between the tags. For example, since Age of Empires III's URL is http://store.steampowered.com/app/10545 ... ollection/, its App ID is 105450.
Example:

Check out this hidden gem!
[steam]105450[/steam]

Check out this hidden gem!

I hope you enjoy them, and let us know if you have any issues using them!

Wars of Liberty
Topic Author
Official Mod Account
Official Mod Account

Re: Welcome to the new forums!

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey all! A few minor changes have been made to the forums that I wanted to let everyone know about.

Languages
In order to help fans of @Pepp's Struggle of Indonesia, we have added Bahasa Indonesia as a language option on our forum in addition to the already-available English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese! Let us know if there are other languages you think we should make available on the forum.

Topic Icons
I've always hated the old topic icons that seemed to be randomly selected from 20 images. I have finally decided to replace them with 20 new icons that are higher quality and I think fit a gaming forum much better. I'll update old threads over time to better fit the new design, and feel free to start using the new icons now!

Emojis
As reported by @Pierre Jean, a previous bug was causing emojis (the ones on mobile keyboards, not the smilies built into the forum) to display much larger than they should be. The bug has been resolved and will show up on the forum over the coming day.

Thanks, and let me know if you find any other issues or think of a feature that should be added!
- DayoftheNinja