This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Excaliber
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Germans

new patch

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 am

when is the new Nordic patch(swedes and danes civilization) going to be released? I have been waiting for around one month or so ever since the advertisement on Youtube promised the Nordic patch was coming soon, and this 'soon' is way too long

Excaliber
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Re: new patch

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 am

In fact I have search online resources to try to find any official announcement of the specific date of the would-be released new patch, but to no avail. I love all the hard and equally exquisite work, design, and research, which is why I so much desire in trying to play the exotic Nordic patch as I am yet familiar with the military culture of these two interesting civilizations. 

Please understand my desperation and please inform me ASAP, as I have been updating my wars of liberty mod for two months only to find no patch is released on every day

Excaliber
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:46 am

And there are several things though that I wish you guys to modify. 1) Ottoman civilization can train Spahi instead of just light cavalry 2) Japan in the Meiji era still have samurai warriors as they have crushed the Samurai Revolution and thus utterly eliminated the entire feudal class. Their existence in the game in this context does not make any historical sense

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:05 am

1) Double/Triple/... -posting is against the rules of most forums, and can only be tolerated in very specific circumstances. In your case, instead of a quick succession of posts, edit the original post.
2) The team does not get paid for this magnificent mod. They all do this in their free time. That's why patching speed may seem slow. "Soon" usually means, sometime in the coming 6 months. They also don't set dates at which you should expect a patch, to make sure they can work on it as they please, without having time pressure. There had been a stream where a few players had playtested the mod. That means it is very close to release. However, there are still some rough edges, like minor bugs etc. It won't take 6 months to fix those though.
3) So, your proposals:
- Spahis and light cavalry have totally different roles. And the Spahi is so strong that it probably has to remain a HC only unit. If Spahis would become trainable, then I prefer that they are taken out of the Ottoman civ, and are used for another civ, because I think some of the North African nations also had Spahis running around.
- It's not the first time I see this proposal. Apparently there were some still Samurai at the start of the long nineteenth century? Else the team would've not included them.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Excaliber
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:28 am

thank you for your response. I will make sure not to post a quick succession of posts but one post. 

I wonder what are civ and military bonuses respectively? Why can they be expensive?

DavidIbragimov
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 am

Maybe make an HC card which allows the Spahi to be made at Teahouses like the Italians with Elmetti or the Portuguese with Ronins? 
Breadfruit.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Spahi are not mercenaries, so training at the teahouse would be counter intuitive. Second, a more balanced suggestion would be to simply have a infinite card shipment of Spahi's like what you see in the NE version of the civ. Worked well there, so hypothetically couldn't be worse here if you can make a good point for the addition. For a current civilization that is such a lackluster in military, a asset like a infinite spahi shipment could certainly give ottomans a leg up in the late game and allow them to be more competitive which is never a bad thing. A lesser popular choice would be to bump the jannisary from the roster and make the nizam a unit throughout the game and give the ult status to the spahi even that logic seems fuzzy in it's self as you would essentially knock the need for deli's in the late game similiar to how the cuirassier trumps the hussar for french assuming you got the resources.