This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

CharcoalGraph
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Great Zimbabwe map

Sun May 26, 2019 9:55 am

I recently played on this map against AI.
On this map, there is something called 'The Great Enclosure'.
http://aoe3wol.com/randommaps link says that it gives big economic bonus whomever captures it. But, how does one capture it? Just having a unit near to it? Or just killing those random animals which lurk and attack in/around that enclosure?

Also, I want to ask about the place which is marked with a white shell kind of symbol on this map among others which have 'African Commodity' people. I also get a kill pointer on those people, but one can't kill them. Is there any role of such a place? Is it of any use?

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Great Zimbabwe map

Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 am

That thing will give you a coin trickle when you capture it. The coin trickle is rather large.
The African commodities have been disabled. Before, they just gave some techs, but those weren't fully coded/balanced, so the team decided to disable them for now. In short: wait till a next patch that will make them useful.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

CharcoalGraph
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 am

Circle of Ossus wrote: That thing will give you a coin trickle when you capture it. The coin trickle is rather large.
The African commodities have been disabled. Before, they just gave some techs, but those weren't fully coded/balanced, so the team decided to disable them for now. In short: wait till a next patch that will make them useful.
So, how does one capture the 'The Great Enclosure'? Is it disabled as of now?

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 am

CharcoalGraph wrote:So, how does one capture the 'The Great Enclosure'? Is it disabled as of now?
Sometimes you should try things out before making comments, it is annoying to answer basic stuff. The only way to capture things outside of scenarios is by standing near it. Like sheep.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

CharcoalGraph
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed May 29, 2019 1:48 pm

Here is a link to a 10sec video where I am standing on the The Great Enclosure with the german explorer and 1 Ulhan and I am not getting any kind of coin trickle just by standing. Any kind of caveat to this?
Link
I also ran the Wars of Liberty Updater and it showed my current version as 1.0.11b which I believe is the latest one.