This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

QueenOfYays
Topic Author
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Tupi and Nahua

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm

I understand that this is just a game and that it's fine to have a little deviation from history, but I remember that you were going to retool Aztecs into Nahuans in future updates so that it would fit the time period of the mod. So then, is something going to change with the Tupis in the future, since the current AI leader of the Tupis in the mod lived in an earlier century than the mod, them being active in the 1500's, not in the 1800's? Again, I know that this is just a game, but I want to know what you think about this.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Tupi and Nahua

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeah.

Civ's vaguely going to be flavored after the Cabanagem mostly.

sirnori
Hwacha
Hwacha
Steam: sirnori

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:57 am

Are the Habsburgs going to be updated too? Their leader doesn't fit, and nor do the majority of their unique units.

HrdsHrdrck
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Franz Joseph I intensifies
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes, Habsburg will have a new face.
"In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement." Image

sirnori
Hwacha
Hwacha

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:21 am

Does that include units? The Pandur, Grenzer, Magyar Huszar, Hungarian Grenadier and Fougasse and maybe Reiter (new name needed on the Reiter, though. Maybe Chevau-Léger?) are fine, but everything else is outdated.

A list (I'm not angry or anything, I'm just stating the facts calmly and logically because I'm bored. This is not intended to be offensive):
Pavisier (disappeared in mid 1500s, maybe replace with Landesschutzen, who were Austrian militia skirmishers of the Napoleonic era)
Landsknecht (disappeared in late 1500s)
Reiter (disapppeared during 1600s, maybe replace with Chevau-Légers, who were Austrian medium cavalry)
Doppelsoldner (disappeared in late 1500s)
Saker (disappeared during 1500s)
Demi-Cannon (disappeared during early 1700s)
Tross (disappeared in late 1500s, maybe rename to "Camp Follower" and update the unit icon)
Winged Hussar (were officially replaced by the uhlans in 1776, maybe replace with Imperial and Royal Ulans, Ulan being the Austrian way of spelling uhlan. The name is based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_and_Royal_Uhlans)

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:09 am

Sirnori, pls, be careful when making statements like "that's the Austrian way of spelling". I've had a bit of German, and I've never heard about the differences between German and Austrian German. So I went to the German wiki page of the Uhlan, and it seems both are used, but nothing refers to the difference in spelling being of regional origin. On the English page, they seem to suggest that there is a regional difference. But either way you look at it, a different spelling doesn't make the unit unique.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Sirnori?
Talking out of his ass with complete confidence?

Why, when has that ever happened before?

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Because if there were variations in German and Austrian spellings, it would totally be OK to name one unique unit Uhlan and another unique unit Ulan.

sirnori
Hwacha
Hwacha

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Circle of Ossus:
Yes, I do realise that a spelling change of one letter is pretty pathetic, but it's all I could find whilst keeping the unit Polish. I shall have to do more research.

Hoop Thrower:
I'm going to ignore that. Remember that my intent is to suggest and maybe (with a bit of luck) contirbute in some way (no matter how small) the blessing on this earth that is Wars of Liberty.

Septafolia:
Gotcha.