This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

iRevo
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Hi, I'm new and I got a few things to say.

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:37 pm

After finally getting a better PC, I finally got WOL and I am having a blast! After playing for a few days, I am obsessed! Although I do have some things to say:
  • First and foremost, thank you for making AoE3 great again! I've been a fan since AoE1 and AoE3 has grown stale for me. After playing this, it made me excited to play this again. So, thank you!
  • Second, why can't I play the main AoE3 main campaign? Is there a new campaign on the works or is there another reason?
  • Third, there is a strange resource I don't know how to gather. I was playing as the Mexican civ and I built a post office. There is a resource there that had like a ship as the symbol for it. How do I go about gathering this?
  • Fourth, I know there are some South-Eastern civs that are in development. I do have a suggestion for a new civ (probably it has been suggested before): The Filipinos.
Thanks for all you do. Keep up the good work!

Banyana
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Re: Hi, I'm new and I got a few things to say.

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Hello and welcome to our community !
1. Thanks for the kind words, I think we all got that blast when we startet with WOL :)
2. The campaing is disabled, because the new Civs and changes overwrite Data used by the Campaings. They Will crash for 90% of the time so its no point in leaving them open. They were earlier, and ppl just complained why it crashes and nothing works ^^.
3. The Ship is the official Symbol for Shipments ! ( EXP ) You have to spend 1 Shipment for the upgrades and units from your Immigrand Towncenter :)
4. Suggestions are found in " The Fountain " Feel free, and suggest something. Make a plan, some basic infos, and make your way into an own civ !

We do our best. Join our Discord for Multiplayer benefits, Fridays of questions and many more Stuff !!
Discord join LINK: https://discord.gg/9aykN6s
Smile like a Banyana... Image

Mezzurah
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi iRevo,

I just want to add to Maxyking25's fourth point, if you want to make a civ suggestion make sure that you have a strong idea for how it works; what are it's bonuses, what is it's unit roster, what does it do that no other civ can do, and try to keep as close to the time period as you can.

Best of luck!

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:07 am

I want to correct Maxyking's second point. Only the Asian campaigns have a 50% crash rate; the other campaigns worked perfectly. AFAIK, they had disabled them to avoid bug reports about them since the mod is not meant to be compatible with the campaigns.
And again someone is confused by the shipment icon. No problem, I also dislike the icon; IMO it is of bad quality and not that intuitive. Some people have already tried to give alternate solutions, but nothing happened with them.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612