This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

Wol and tr 45

Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:54 am

Over the past year, the center of wol games in the multiplayer sense has shifted from regular 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3's to tr 30 or tr45 games. Does anyone have any idea why the new wave of wol players is so into tr? The only problem I have with tr games is that the matches can last for 2-3 hours especially if you got 6 people in a lobby lagging the place up.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Wol and tr 45

Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:00 am

I have indeed the feeling that there is a wave of new players; if they focus on treaty, IDK. The change I noticed is that almost nobody from discord seems to play on GR. It does surprise me is that you seem to consider playing that from time to time. The only treaty games I would join are the very short treaties (10 minutes for example, though it might be the only one I would join).
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm

tr 20 makes sense in my mind because it caters towards those that don't want to be obliterated in the early game. But I find it nooby and very time consuming to do a tr 45 where you literally give everyone time to reach full vil count, build a army, create a entire base, and create many walls. One time a tr person scolded me for not building enough walls than he did. I find stacking 8-10 walls does nothing really, as mortars and petard units can make short work of them. There always seems to be some sort of 3v3 or 2v2 tr in gameranger at almost every hour of the day where regular matches are reserved between a few users like me. I do tr because that is all there is to do nowadays since I don't even bother with discord anymore. tr players have their own mindset really. The other day I challenged a tr player to a regular 1v1 and he said the game was "too boring" because I defeated him. You take a tr 45 player out of their element and they suddenly become subpar. I wish their were more dedicated newcomers who want to play the game the traditional way rather than taking 45 minutes in tr and then yell at me because I didn't give them a extra 10 mins beyond that to get ready making it more like tr 55-60.

Trotdog
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm

I feel you here bro. imperial age in this game is absolute cancer and i cant wrap my melon around how people enjoy it. I'm not even gonna bother to start a rant on why its so aids.
-likes to age rush to revolution