This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Fix Mexico¿s Presidio ASAP

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:02 pm

It's getting to a point where people just don't wanna play as Mexico because of that damn stupid bug that is still unfixed.

Eeer since Mexico was released the bug has been present and no one has done something about it. It makes Mexico unplayable in more than half of the maps because of that.

Starting a match with no presidio means insta gg for Mexico. Either make the Presidio spawn as a wagon to be built close to the TC or remove and change the bonus altogether.

It's extremely frustrating to fire up a match only to find a lone TC and no Presidio whatsoever. It completely removes Mexico out of the game.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Fix Mexico¿s Presidio ASAP

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:23 am

Can you fix it?

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:18 am

PepePeyote wrote: It's getting to a point where people just don't wanna play as Mexico because of that damn stupid bug that is still unfixed.

Eeer since Mexico was released the bug has been present and no one has done something about it. It makes Mexico unplayable in more than half of the maps because of that.

Starting a match with no presidio means insta gg for Mexico. Either make the Presidio spawn as a wagon to be built close to the TC or remove and change the bonus altogether.

It's extremely frustrating to fire up a match only to find a lone TC and no Presidio whatsoever. It completely removes Mexico out of the game.
The reason why this bug is still present, at least I think, is due to the team lacking any real people who can do this type of difficult map editing. I have to say someone is working hard to learn mapmodding, and a list has been made of where the praesidio spawns and where not. A wagon would seemingly fix the problem, but: people (including me?) would use it then for map control, placing it somewhere near the enemy to greatly hinder them. And that would be the opposite effect of what it should be: instead of a defensive structure it becomes an offensive structure. Limiting the building to be build near a TC like the townhall would be a nerf, as the building is a fort replacement and thus should also have the capabilities to be build in III near the enemy.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Bulgarians

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:10 pm

If you can fix it, be my guest. There's currently no one who can do that.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

carlosbarano
Hussar
Hussar
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:26 pm

I find the Presidio bug to be more frequent when playing with AIs on ESO.

Can a building have a build limit area? Only near TC?
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 pm

carlosbarano wrote: I find the Presidio bug to be more frequent when playing with AIs on ESO.

Can a building have a build limit area? Only near TC?
Yes. The town hall is the example. However, as I pointed out, the praesidio replaces the fort; it would be a big nerf if you are prevented from placing this near the enemy.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:33 am

Lel, so it's really unfixable for now. I never thought that would be the case.

I guess there's nothing to do.

PepePeyote
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am

Circle of Ossus wrote:
PepePeyote wrote: It's getting to a point where people just don't wanna play as Mexico because of that damn stupid bug that is still unfixed.

The reason why this bug is still present, at least I think, is due to the team lacking any real people who can do this type of difficult map editing. I have to say someone is working hard to learn mapmodding, and a list has been made of where the praesidio spawns and where not. A wagon would seemingly fix the problem, but: people (including me?) would use it then for map control, placing it somewhere near the enemy to greatly hinder them. And that would be the opposite effect of what it should be: instead of a defensive structure it becomes an offensive structure. Limiting the building to be build near a TC like the townhall would be a nerf, as the building is a fort replacement and thus should also have the capabilities to be build in III near the enemy.

The wagon solution could work if all players agree to build the Presidio near the starting TC only, kind of like how people agree to ban Haiti on maps like Orinoco. I don't see how a offensive placed Presidio could be OP considering how Bulgaria has the infinite instantaneous fort bug and many people abuse that online, yet there's barely any mention of this in the forums.

There are many others instance of outright OPness and broken civs/cards/techs, so a Presidio built on the enemy's frontier would be at most a temporary annoyance. It's not any different than classic India's offensive Agra.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Hahah, as if

ShakkaShuu
Villero
Villero

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 pm

what about, make presidio placement range different on age? so on age1 near tc, and after aging u can build far away. Or maybe easiest solution presidio on start only near tc, but give mexico a card to place presidio everywhere :geek: