This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

PepePeyote
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Re: Online Multiplayer Game Crashing

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:14 am

Ok so I got the video, it's gonna take a while to upload it because it's 1 hours and half long (3 matches in total), you don't need to watch it if you want, nothing went out of the ordinary and surprisingly I didn't crash not even once lol. Now before you say "I told you so" maybe you were right about me having some bad luck for the past few days. Like I said, I mentioned it happened only quite recently, I never said it happened always to me on ESO.

But there's a couple of things about this whole thing:

1.- ESO was recentky updates the past weeks. If I remember correctly, it was on Wednesday and Thursday. Maybe it had something to do with it
2.- I played with different people this time. Usually when the OOS happened in in a row I played with a dude named sdixy(') and lauromatos  (aka the guys who said were uninstalling lol). Again, maybe it had to do with those guys, I don't know for sure.
3.- Last games I only joined, this time I hosted all 3 of them.
4.- Also did a match with an AI player online (meaning not a offline skrimish match). And also didn't crash.
5.- A guy mentioned in the video Paraguay can cause OOS. Indeed I do remember having a lot of crashes using Paraguay during my time playing with the mod.

Still, this doesn't mean I was making stuff up. I really had OOS for 3 days straight and none of my matches were finished. I will continue making a couple of vids more just to see what happens, and if all goes normal I guess the ESO updates may had caused those issues, and you will be able to claim victory. 

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:04 am

PepePeyote wrote: Ok so I got the video, it's gonna take a while to upload it because it's 1 hours and half long (3 matches in total), you don't need to watch it if you want, nothing went out of the ordinary and surprisingly I didn't crash not even once lol. Now before you say "I told you so" maybe you were right about me having some bad luck for the past few days. Like I said, I mentioned it happened only quite recently, I never said it happened always to me on ESO.

But there's a couple of things about this whole thing:

1.- ESO was recentky updates the past weeks. If I remember correctly, it was on Wednesday and Thursday. Maybe it had something to do with it
2.- I played with different people this time. Usually when the OOS happened in in a row I played with a dude named sdixy(') and lauromatos  (aka the guys who said were uninstalling lol). Again, maybe it had to do with those guys, I don't know for sure.
3.- Last games I only joined, this time I hosted all 3 of them.
4.- Also did a match with an AI player online (meaning not a offline skrimish match). And also didn't crash.
5.- A guy mentioned in the video Paraguay can cause OOS. Indeed I do remember having a lot of crashes using Paraguay during my time playing with the mod.

Still, this doesn't mean I was making stuff up. I really had OOS for 3 days straight and none of my matches were finished. I will continue making a couple of vids more just to see what happens, and if all goes normal I guess the ESO updates may had caused those issues, and you will be able to claim victory. 
Recording games where OOS happens can be very helpful/interesting! During the tournament last year, I had also a couple of OOS. When I looked at the recorded game, I saw that it fired right when a US shipment arrived (the 4 slaves one). In another game, where the guy played as the US but didn't send the card, there was no OOS. So cards may have quite a chance to create an OOS.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Yeah good, so bad luck.

WoL is unstable, but you're also unlucky... but WoL is also unstable... but ragequit can cause OOS too, although OOS comes from bad coding/modding practices (not saying it towards you xD) and strange engine/machine/internet behavior. But let's not forget WoL is also unstable... Improvement Mod claims to be nearly OOS-free, ESOC Patches don't suffer from OOS even with extensive Trigger usage, and you don't hear OOS issues often in other mods so it's WoL..

PepePeyote wrote: you will be able to claim victory.

Oh come on leave me alone!
https://tenor.com/view/jontron-gif-5941029
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery