This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Korea is so buggy!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:09 am

I'm not sure what's your endgame insulting the team but... the Confucian Academy is just a building that produces artillery ingame. That's... the whole deal.

Like, I don't see you complaining about the Golden Pavilion providing military upgrades despite being a... Zen Buddhist temple.

akemi05
Topic Author
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:50 am

Hoop Thrower wrote: It's not game breaking... the wonders work.

And you friggin' posted the same complaint about half a dozen times.
yeah right only TWO out of what 5? One physical appearance doesn't even show up. Two of them can't even use their wounder power. ( it won't let me left click no matter how hard I try!) All they are good for is advancing age and just looking pretty... which is HUGE drawback from other Asian civs ( Chinese, Japanese, Indian) whose wounders all work and look pretty. 

Rampo
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:49 am

the korean building that akemi05 talked about is Haensatemple, which can research unique korean tech. this bug is detected in Korean civs in the new patch, 1.0.11. Also there's so many more bug in that patch that i've detected here, like: hc card's icon missing in some unit, like: Haitian pickets, Habsburgs Pandours and magyar hussar, Ethiopian Ormo Horseman, ... Russian Line infantry card that send 11 Line infantries in age III is missing. i'm sure there's more tech and/or unit whose icon is missing. ah, wait. about russian line infantry card. here's the details:
-> there's no card "WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian3" detected in techtreey.xml list here, while that card is detected in homecityrussians.xml here like this:
<tech x="2.5" y="1.0">WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian2</tech> <!-- wrong -->
<tech x="2.5" y="2.0">WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian3</tech> <!-- ghost card -->
and this:
<card>
          <name>WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian2</name>   <!-- wrong -->
          <maxcount>1</maxcount>
          <level>0</level>
          <prereqtech>-1</prereqtech>
          <age>2</age>
          <displayunitcount>11</displayunitcount>
          <infiniteinlastage>1</infiniteinlastage>
</card>
<card>
          <name>WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian3</name>    <!-- wrong -->
          <maxcount>1</maxcount>
          <level>0</level>
          <prereqtech>WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian2</prereqtech>   <!-- wrong -->
          <age>3</age>
          <displayunitcount>16</displayunitcount>
</card>
after i've detected that problem, i try to find the correct that will fix this problem and i've done that. here's what i've done as my suggestion:
<tech x="2.5" y="1.0">WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian1</tech>  <!-- correct -->
<tech x="2.5" y="2.0">WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian2</tech>  <!-- correct -->
and this:
<card>
          <name>WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian1</name>   <!-- correct -->
          <maxcount>1</maxcount>
          <level>0</level>
          <prereqtech>-1</prereqtech>
          <age>2</age>
          <displayunitcount>11</displayunitcount>
</card>
<card>
          <name>WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian2</name>    <!-- correct -->
          <maxcount>1</maxcount>
          <level>0</level>
          <prereqtech>WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian1</prereqtech>   <!-- correct -->
          <age>3</age>
          <displayunitcount>16</displayunitcount>
</card>
-> reason: the card "WOLHCShipLineInfantryRussian1" is detected in techtreey.xml that send 11 Line infantries. and that's fit like the musketeers card in vanila mod for russian cards
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:13 pm

akemi05 wrote:

yeah right only TWO out of what 5? One physical appearance doesn't even show up. Two of them can't even use their wounder power. ( it won't let me left click no matter how hard I try!) All they are good for is advancing age and just looking pretty... which is HUGE drawback from other Asian civs ( Chinese, Japanese, Indian) whose wounders all work and look pretty. 
I would say you just stop play them instead of flame like a crazy ****

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:10 pm

akemi05 wrote: yeah right only TWO out of what 5? One physical appearance doesn't even show up. Two of them can't even use their wounder power. ( it won't let me left click no matter how hard I try!) All they are good for is advancing age and just looking pretty... which is HUGE drawback from other Asian civs ( Chinese, Japanese, Indian) whose wounders all work and look pretty. 
Try using the powers when the building is selected. I think that will solve most issues. Korea has indeed quite some bugs, but I suspect these will be fixed soon. Probably they did something wrong when compiling the files for the updater. Remember, all the devs work at different speeds and content (Will for example has all the Polynesian stuff, while the others have not that), thus they all have their own version of the game. Putting everything correctly together is not easy.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

SantiagoOcampo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Maxyking25 wrote:
akemi05 wrote:

I would say you just stop play them instead of flame like a crazy ****
Yes. Please.

It's buggy and all. Ok. They'll get to it eventually. Just be patient and enjoy the other 90% of the mod. Your anger and disapproval is not needed. If you see a bug (which while not necessarily game breaking it can ruin the experience, I get it) just draw some attention to it in a respectful manner. And, it's a free mod, keep that in mind. 

HHanzo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 am

War of the Triple Alliance version was unique for the wonder wagon