This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect
Favorite Civilization: Chinese

Re: Chinese Rework Needed

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Septafolia wrote: Repeat to yourself "It’s just a game, I should really just relax."

There's too much to this game you're taking too literally, and things that wouldn't work for balance reasons or just overall consistency. This is not a good game for you to play if you're going to get so upset over historical accuracy.

Having said that, the modernization of old civs is a work in progress. In the next patch, Chinese Banner Armies will be renamed and their mercenaries will be updated. Li Hongzhang will be replaced with Empress Dowager Cixi, if that doesn't offend your butt hurt protective Chinese male ass. In the future they'll probably see further modernization.
Yeah.... It's a game that's not appealing to me because of factors that could be changed.
Really.... What don't I take seriously(when I'm almost always not serious every single moment of my life). You kidding me? Most of what I have written essentially just models the path of the Chinese civilization in this game to mimics Japan's. It wouldn't be out of balance, OP, or lack of consistency, as the game already has extreme gaps between time periods of the representation for the civilizations. What I have written ACTUALLY TIES INTO the greatest consistency FOR THE PERIOD OF THIS MOD and for this particular civilization. Qing dynasty. Which most of what I have written is very much so related to this era. Over historical accuracy? Bro I bought the game and played it for like 2 years and it has been in my possession for like over 10 years now. I played all the civilizations of the base games and I think the point of lv 40 for all of them. This mod is revitalizing the game for me. But at the same time, it's consuming like you all have wrote and the team for this mod is split on different projects. So there will be unfinished aspects at this point in time when I am writing about it. 
Empress Dowager Cixi is a fine choice. The real reason I disliked the Xiangru is I have no knowledge of them(so please provide that for me), they replaced the Arquebusiers which I loved to death with my Changdao Swordsmen combo(Territorial Army), and how I dislike hearing a Chinese woman kill and die in this game(I'm a hypocrite on this though for 'European' settlers,when they die it sounds like a moan to me instead of a groan/grunt). I wrote about that in my post. Can't wait for the evolution. What I have written this entire post for, duh. They could have made Yuan Shikai, or even Puyi as the representative. Empress Dowager Cixi is a good choice. She's a capable leader. 
Last edited by JohnReese on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Circle of Ossus wrote: I stopped reading after the Xiangu. This is too cancerous.
My conclusion: this guy has 0,00000% skill in programming and designing. Yes, of course many things are bad form a historical view of point. Sho-ko-nu's are probably still there as it is an iconic weapon. You should be proud of that. It would surprise me if you could say anything iconic about my country, Belgium. And believe me, if the devs could get their hands on a very interesting replacement for it, they would take the opportunity.

Another thing: change your tone. The complaints about the refugees cards is most probably true, these "errors" are still there due to these being minor but time-consuming to change (considering the team has no Chinese insiders). If you had made a much clearer (the font size makes it difficult to read) and nicer request, I'm sure the team would've taken this into consideration. As I said, the team has no Chinese history experts, so your help could be very welcome.
Umm, excuse me. What mate? You would prefer reading small ass fonts? I have trouble reading long paragraphs of small font sized essays when I have to read and type them for college. I am also consistent with the "what mates"? The banana! The breadfruit moments. It has a comedic effect so it isn't complete annoyance. Belgium is still around. That's significance enough. China has an amazing history but the majority of it (90%+) is utterly breadfruit on by the entire world. This is reaffirming objectives on what the Qing is to be for this mod in the years and decades to come. How is it an error on these cards when they are base game's cards? I don't need to change the way I write. It's there so they read about it PREFERABLY WITHOUT STRAINING THEIR EYES. The way I write also has two things going for it. One, it might interest you because of what I have wrote and the way I did; you will also go educate yourself then. Two, if they are intellectually incapable of understanding this minimalist way of writing, they need to go read some more anyways. Chu Ko Nu's replacement would just be an archer unit with the Ming-Qing dynasty bows. Doesn't even need to be interesting. Thanks for your time, by the way.

P.S. I'm not an expert of Chinese history. I'm just a Chinese male interested in my peoples' histories. I'm still surprised you guys have trouble reading a larger font with a bold(darker scheme against white back drop) format.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Hoop Thrower wrote: This entire thread is the Banana
Wait....was that a disguised insult? -_-.
Last edited by JohnReese on Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Hilarious

akemi05
Paisano
Paisano

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:56 pm

JohnReese wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:35 pm
HrdsHrdrck wrote: why you use such big typo?
Would you prefer if I wrote it this small? Have a good time straining your eyes.
Such a butthurt on insignificant things. And as for spanish queen... YOU DO KNOW it is set in different time than orginal AOE 3 right? You didn't even know that basic info? That is why Greeks are separate nation from Ottomans in this game compared to AOE 3.

Such a level of ignorance.

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:11 am

akemi05 wrote:
JohnReese wrote:
HrdsHrdrck wrote: why you use such big typo?
Would you prefer if I wrote it this small? Have a good time straining your eyes.
Such a butthurt on insignificant things. And as for spanish queen... YOU DO KNOW it is set in different time than orginal AOE 3 right? You didn't even know that basic info? That is why Greeks are separate nation from Ottomans in this game compared to AOE 3.

Such a level of ignorance.
Waaaaaaaah. Lmfao. You didn't read the section about the Spanish Queen, did you? It was a joke on how the original pic was, I talked about a Spanish Revolution and where the Spanish players are at..... Butt hurt on insignificant things? Going by your name on this website "akemi", you would be butt hurt for being meaningless and insignificant for the majority of history until the Bakumatsu era. I literally wrote about the Qing dynasty of this time period ON THIS MOD. I replied to another person TALKING ABOUT THIS TIME PERIOD. This last part is just good trivia. But whatever. If you're illiterate, don't hint at; I am incapable of knowing what time frame this mod is based in.

Crushington_2nd
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Jutlander wrote:Hilarious
bump
Tiocfaidh ár lá

PepePeyote
Architect
Architect

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:56 am

The only civs that need to be nerfed are Spain, and basically anything that has units with over 1.5k HP and other ridiculously retarded stats. (looking at you batidor)

Christos
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Has this guy been banned yet?

JohnReese
Topic Author
Architect
Architect

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Christos wrote: Has this guy been banned yet?
How do we delete our accounts? No longer have any desire to interact on these forums. Not worth the trouble with the likes of Hoop_thrower around('microaggression' intended).