This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Stealth
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: Italians
ESO: RickRuler
Steam: Davinci

Attack and Hitpoints Statistics

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:14 am

Is there a guide anywhere that would provide us with these statistics for every unit?

Is there an opinion on which civs have the strongest units? 
I haven't played too many different civs on WOL, besides Malta, Argentina, Serbia and Italy 5000000 times. I have used all the vanilla civs including the Asian Dynasties before I discovered WOL.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think these civs have the best units in my opinion
Heavy Cavalry - France
Light Cavalry  -  Spain
Musketeers   - Japan, Ottomans, England
Skirmishers - Dutch
Dragoons, Portugal, Germany 
Granadiers - Russia, France
Artillery Infantry - Japan
Siege Equipment - Ottomans
Heavy Infantry - Japan
Villagers - France
Spies  - Italy
Priests - Italy
Strongest Overall Civ, tough choice because I think every civ can be countered. But I'll say France, Japan, Portugal, Ottomans in that order
I am too old for games like this but too young to resist playing them

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Attack and Hitpoints Statistics

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 am

It seems that you omitted the US for everything. The US, if done well, should have have the strongest unit in almost any category.
France has early the best heavy cav. Australia has the mounted police though.
Spain the best light cav? Quod? And since you mention dragoons separately, it seems you don't even know what light cav is. Oh god, what will follow now if such a mistake is made....
England has about the most unreliable musketeer, so you're wrong again. The old dimoftar unit of Ethiopia (I received a new name recently) is very deadly because of one card; I do believe the unit is a "musketeer" unit.
Skirms: Portuguese. No doubt. Atirador just destroys anything.
Dragoons: Portugal is indeed popular. IDK about other civs.
Grenadiers: Argentina
Artillery Infantry: ?????? I think the Pekhota is the only unit that can be used here, as it is the only infantry unit now that I know that has a bombard "ranged attack"
Siege Equipments: ?????? I think China has more siege-related cards. At least more that are for the team.
Heavy infantry: A lot of civs have very good heavy infantry
Villagers: Ever maxed out the stats of a Zulu villager? I'm sure it will destroy your French villager. Even then, you list the French, so you obviously have no idea about the mod's civs, so I should quit, but nah. BULGARIA should naturally be here. Paraguay too. Perhaps even Haitie, as the vils don't die.
Spies: you're right!
Priests: no idea. Who cares.

Isn't it weird that you list, for strongest overall, only tad civs?

I advice you playing at least two or three times with each civ before making such thread. When you did, you will be ashamed that you ever posted this. I've rarely seen such well ordered posts that contained that such garbage.

EDIT: Sorry for the very unfriendly tone used.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Stealth
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:38 pm

I was asking for opinion more than anything, a lot of useful information in your post in spite of your tone.  Thanks for sharing 

"so you obviously have no idea about the mod's civs"    you are right, I do not, I still think it makes good conversation though  :)
Last edited by Stealth on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stealth
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:40 pm

The Lancer is listed as a light cavalry unit. Unless I am mistaken It isn't a ranged unit though

Stealth
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Priests: no idea. Who cares.   lmao     I do care.  I used monks quite extensively for healing units on AOE2.  For some reason Priests do not heal as a group on AOE3 or WOL, only one will heal, makes them far less effective. I would like to see the Priest be given more techs like the monks in AOE2. As great as this game is, it's only going to get better  

Stealth
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:52 am

Everything I mentioned in the original post was an inquiry, opinion, an attempt to learn and create conversation. I have no reason to be ashamed, that's silly.  Sorry that you took it so personal. Anyways, I played the USA today. They are very powerful  

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Stealth wrote: The Lancer is listed as a light cavalry unit. Unless I am mistaken It isn't a ranged unit though
Sorry, I forgot that people have to dig in the options to see some stuff like tags etc. Make sure to go to the options and enable advanced unit type info, advanced improvement info and advanced formations. It will give you a much clearer vision on how things work. You would for example be surprised that light infantry, although listed for many units as a multiplier, is in fact extremely rare.

Code: Select all

<UnitType>AbstractCavalry</UnitType>
 <UnitType>UnitClass</UnitType>
 <UnitType>Military</UnitType>
 <UnitType>Unit</UnitType>
 <UnitType>AbstractLancer</UnitType>
 <UnitType>AbstractHeavyCavalry</UnitType>
 <UnitType>HasBountyValue</UnitType>
 <UnitType>AbstractCavalryInfantry</UnitType>
 <UnitType>CountsTowardMilitaryScore</UnitType>
 <UnitType>ConvertsHerds</UnitType>
 <UnitType>AbstractHandCavalry</UnitType>

The lancer is heavy cavalry. About 100% of the light cavalry are ranged cavalry, like the dragoons.
If you wanna participate in discussions about statistics etc, please, join the Discord server. People are way more active there. The forum exists to formalize stuff, instead of doing regular conversations about the game. https://discord.gg/9fzx8z

Also, it's very good to see that despite my rudeness (surprises me that none of the team members have given me any remarks on this), you did listen to me and start a game as another civ. Also, don't forget to play mp games (preferably where most action is packed in the first 20-30 minutes, so non-treaty games) to really get to know the civs. Enjoy!
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612