This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

BukLau58
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Intern Recruitment

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:42 am

Hoop Thrower wrote:
BukLau58 wrote: Hey, if any non technical help is needed for the Persian civilization I'm willing to help. Mainly things related to culture and historical accuracy, as I am Persian myself. I can also provide male voice acting for the Civ, I speak Farsi well enough. I have my own recording setup and can send files. Let me know!
We've done most any research we'll ever need for Persia, you can make homecity shipment suggestions if you want to though. And yes, we very much need voice acting. 
Sorry for the late reply. For homecity shipments, I'd recommend a Pomegranate themed food shipment, Saffron for either food/gold. "Algebra" could be either a homecity shipment or upgrade and its effect could be better market prices (math lol). "Cyrus Cylinder" could also be a homecity shipment or upgrade that raises Settler hitpoints/stats, considering it was the first recorded human rights.

Let me know about voice acting! Feel free to send me a list of quotes. If you already have certain Farsi statements you want, that's fine though you can send them in English and I will translate. If female recording is needed as well let me know as I have family members/friends that wouldn't mind doing it! 

BatchOfCookies
Volunteer
Volunteer

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:17 pm

I realize this is a bit late, but If any help is still needed I have a decent programming skill set. I would be willing to help with code cleanup, documentation, and fixes.

Mysteric
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:14 pm

I apply for internship. I have a good modding knowledge and a bit of experience. I understand deeper parts of the game too, such as UI, AI, RM, trigger modding and trigger code injection through scenario editor and random map scripts, although I don't have much experience in that area. I think to be useful for coding. Hope you guys will consider my volunteering.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Call for Volunteers!

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 pm

I should probably volunteer. I hope I can be of use from time to time, and I hope I've already been that a few times (like testing out different kinds of flags etc). As volunteer, I will probably focus helping out Alistairjah (I want the AI to be so good that it will be a participant in the next tournament XD ).
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Dawn
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:27 am

If there still is research to be done for the mod, then i would like to volunteer. I almost have my Bachelor degree in History, (Focus on Modern Global economic history (The Uni has a very specialized curriculum)). I have acces to a University library, and associated online acces, and quite a large collection of books regarding global history.

Christos
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:47 pm

I'm contacting you via PM in a few seconds.

Dawn
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:46 pm

i can't seem to message you back via the PW system so I'll do it this way. My discord tag is: #1819, name: Dawn.

Persian_Fusilier
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 pm

BukLau58 wrote:
Hoop Thrower wrote:
BukLau58 wrote: Hey, if ...~ files. Let me know!
We've ...~ we very much need voice acting. 
Sorry for the late reply. ...~ , considering it was the first recorded human rights.

Let me know about voice acting! ...~that wouldn't mind doing it! 
Oh man! Are you Iranian!?? :D