This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Vlado87
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Colony era and world war I era

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:10 pm

In future do you plan to have civs in mod only from WWI or it will be combination from WWI and colony era civs?

I ask you this because I think that you now in colony era have some civs with heroes or units from WWI (or near to WWI). It is not interesting that you play with civ which have colony era units vs civ which have WWI era units.

It would be great to made two versions of mod one WWI era civs and the second with colony era civs.

If you plan to build only WWI era units/heroes than what would be with Haiti, Mexico, Zulu, Sioux and other interesting civs?

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Colony era and world war I era

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 pm

The mod is already built around the long 19th century, it's already what you're describing.

Vlado87
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 pm

You saying that this mod is only about WWI?

Than what would be with some civs (maltese, zulu, Iroquois, Sioux, aztec, inca, tupi, ) which do not exists in this era (maybe I am wrong for some of them)?

I think that you need to made two version of mod, WWI and colonial/napoleon wars era (this would be easier because you have more units, heroes and technology in mod from this era).

You need new resources for WWI from food/wood/rock to food/wood/iron/rock.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Dude, it's your historical perspective that's wrong. The world didn't suddenly disappear and then reappear as a fully industrial 20th century marvel of humanity. There was a transition period, there were awkward growing phases and the tactics used at the Great War were pretty much the same than those using during the 19th century.

Yes. Yes they did exist.

Housie
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:53 pm

The mod currently doesnt feature any era you mentioned, hoop also never said it was about only ww1, and the time period is set after the colonial era. I think you are very confuses about your history because the colonial era and napoleon are 200 years apart, and theres another 100 years between napoleon and ww1, and that is the setting of this mod, with some exceptions