This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Neto_NSGAN
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: Installing and Updating Wars of Liberty

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:22 pm

My game works fine untill i trie to update it. After i run the updater the game just wont run, it stay in the first image and thats it. Any help?

luis.gonzalez
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:43 pm

por qué no lo puedo descargar ? :(

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:50 pm

luis.gonzalez wrote: por qué no lo puedo descargar ? :(
¿Cual es el problema?
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

caique.morais
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 pm

cade o link para dowload?

Pierre Jean
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Turks

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Stupid noobish question : if I download the v1.0.9 manual installation now, is it the v1.0.9c or is it the v1.0.9? (I asked it more for people than for myself)
You are not responsible for the head you have but you are responsible for the mouth you make.

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:32 pm

1.0.9 You still should use the Auto patcher for the 1.0.9c

WarLegendGaming
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:35 am

i had multiple problems when i first downloaded the setup. First, it said that it didn't have deformerdlly.dll but i fixed that and then it said that abilities/fire.xml or something like that and then it said that datapy.bar was missing. fixed too and then it said something about library wol.dll is missing and i searched all the folders and no library wol.dll was found and the updater had a few problems. don't know what they were..not sure what to do, please help!

Daniel Pereira
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Maxyking25 wrote: 1.0.9 You still should use the Auto patcher for the 1.0.9c
Actually, the manual install version is supposed to include all hotfixes (that is, both 1.0.9a, b and c)
WarLegendGaming wrote: i had multiple problems when i first downloaded the setup. First, it said that it didn't have deformerdlly.dll but i fixed that and then it said that abilities/fire.xml or something like that and then it said that datapy.bar was missing. fixed too and then it said something about library wol.dll is missing and i searched all the folders and no library wol.dll was found and the updater had a few problems. don't know what they were..not sure what to do, please help!
Hello!

If you are getting this error, this means that the path where Wars of Liberty was installed isn’t a valid AoE3 installation. If you are playing the CD version, you’ll likely be able to find AoE3 at Program Files\Microsoft  Games\Age of Empires III, but, if you use the Steam version, AoE3 will be usually located at Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age of Empires III\bin.

Additionally, you can make a copy of your AoE3 installation and install and run Wars of Liberty on this copy, without having to rename folders or change registry back and forth.

Also, if the game says that wol.dll is missing, then that means you have an outdated patch version... I would recommend re-running the updater after re-installing WoL.

wep555lo
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Julien wrote: Hi everyone !
First of all I would like to congratulate the creators of age of empire war for liberty. It 's a dream to find a big mod for this old game thank you so much !
Unfortunatly I can't launch the game. The first problem was "Initialization failed. Could not loas DATAPY.BAR".
So I right click on the icone of age of empire war fo liberty -> open file location -> data -> copy/paste "data.bar" in the file "age of empire 3 -> rename "data.bar" by "datapy.bar".
After that, when I want to launch the game a window with a red cross happen... I try to find the solution on the net but no result...
I have Age of empire complete collection on steam.
My friend have age of complete collection with a crack and they don't have any problem the game run correctly.

Please anybody can help me ?

Thank
OMG!!! Thanks for the solution! Eventually your solution works for me. i had the same problem as yours. but my AOE is not the steam version.

Hopefully you'll be able get through with your start up issue.

kevin.ortiz
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 pm

No me aparece para poder descargar