This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Re: Installing and Updating Wars of Liberty

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 pm

wep555lo wrote:
Julien wrote: Hi everyone !
First of all I would like to congratulate the creators of age of empire war for liberty. It 's a dream to find a big mod for this old game thank you so much !
Unfortunatly I can't launch the game. The first problem was "Initialization failed. Could not loas DATAPY.BAR".
So I right click on the icone of age of empire war fo liberty -> open file location -> data -> copy/paste "data.bar" in the file "age of empire 3 -> rename "data.bar" by "datapy.bar".
After that, when I want to launch the game a window with a red cross happen... I try to find the solution on the net but no result...
I have Age of empire complete collection on steam.
My friend have age of complete collection with a crack and they don't have any problem the game run correctly.

Please anybody can help me ?

Thank
OMG!!! Thanks for the solution! Eventually your solution works for me. i had the same problem as yours. but my AOE is not the steam version.

Hopefully you'll be able get through with your start up issue.
Your problem is the Regestry file. You made a copy of your Vanilla game? So your computer cant tell the WOL exe where to find the DATAPY.BAR Because you startet the Exe file from the copy.
-> Go into the regestry -> Search for Age of Empires 3 -> Change the game path -> Works

evil222
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:51 am

hola soy nuevo en esto, y tambien tengo una sugerencia, no se seria posible reemplazar los barcos del ao3 a los buques a vapor como los ironclads

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 am

Efectivamente habra un rework naval en el futuro, se reemplazaran la mayoria de los barcos.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:22 am

Daniel, do you know how to reset the prompt on the Unix Updater to ask the user where the wol folder is? It prompted me one time where the directory is and then I closed it to check something. Now even when I re download the file, that prompt never appears and just shows a blank java applet. You may need to update the applet to loop the prompt if needed or something. I am using Mac OSX Sierra.

Also, it appears when I do get the prompt to work, it doesn't recognize my directory as a valid wars of liberty installation. I used the directory MacOS/Applications/Games/Age of Empires3.app/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Empires 3/bin.
I also tried it without bin, with no luck. The Sierra architecture is probably different than earlier versions in how it handles a wol directory.

Error123
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:50 pm

https://imgur.com/a/V5PB5

I had this error show up when I finished installing Wars of Liberty.

For some reason, all the of the civilizations don't have any of their names visible. Nor do any of the maps.

When I tried playing a game, it seems like nothing is working.

I did insteall to the bin folder of steam.

What's going on?

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 am

Definitely looks like you need to run the updater. Read the whole first post in this thread again.