This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: WOL 1.0.11 Patch

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:37 am

Egypt doesn't have a Spanish Consulate (?)
In fact, they don't have a Consulate at all!

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:57 am

Hoop Thrower, I mean "Spanish Conquistator" in Egypt, each cards in that sctions add some XP points, which has Spanish Pikeman "Tercio" consulate unit
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:06 am

Yeah, but that's not a consulate option for Asian civs, is it?

akemi05
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Rampo wrote: Hoop Thrower, I mean "Spanish Conquistator" in Egypt, each cards in that sctions add some XP points, which has Spanish Pikeman "Tercio" consulate unit
you never played African civs ( Egypt, Eithiopia, Zulus) have you? These so-called "consulate" act more like "leaders" for native Americans or advisers for Balkans. 

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:12 am

akemi05, if these unit doesn't consulate like unit, why these unit cost export, and why african civs have spice stalls ....

BG Rampo

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm

So they can train export costing consulate units, duh.

Stealth
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: Italians
ESO: RickRuler
Steam: Davinci

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 am

The patch has been released. Yipeeee. But, where do I locate the personality files to delete? I did it before but couldn't locate them today
I am too old for games like this but too young to resist playing them

StarLord
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Japanese

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Stealth wrote: The patch has been released.  Yipeeee.   But, where do I locate the personality files to delete?  I did it before but couldn't locate them today
either just delete(warning this deletes saves and home-cities too)
...user\Documents and settings\My games\Wars of Liberty\

or open the folder
user\Documents and settings\My games\Wars of Liberty\
I don't have the install in front of me, but its in one of the AI folders, ends with .personality

Good luck.

Stealth
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: Italians
ESO: RickRuler
Steam: Davinci

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:44 pm

I found it. Thanks for your help
I am too old for games like this but too young to resist playing them

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:20 am

i detected that new hotfix 1.0.11a is released, Most of the bugs that i have reported in this post: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=900&start=40 ; post 48 is fixed, Sadly, there're some bugs that haven't fixed yet in this new hotfix:
1: the portuguese royal decree card "Academic Batalion" has its icon missing
2: USA politician Ulysses Grant's special tech "Bankruptcy" is free to research (that means no cost)
3: the japanese monk special tech "Intonjutsu Stealth" can only allow miko to be stealthy, but can't Dodge (even though the button that show the passive dodge ability is shown) (this problem is very difficult to fix, there's must have some secret code to modify some special unique passive ability, like this:
-> dodge ability (secret code: who can use this passive ability (default: Ikko ikki (ypmonkjapanese and ypmonkjapanese2) and chance to dodge (default: 15%) (i suggest to modify ypmonkjapanese and ypmonkjapanese2 as miko, to fix the dodge passive ability for miko (of course you backup old ypmonkjapanese and ypmonkjapanese2 first)
-> convert defeated enemies unit to specified your unit (especially when you play chinese civs. the problem is the passive ability that convert defeated enemies unit to diciple, you can't perform that passive ability as much as you can do. secret code: convert defeated enemies unit to what your unit (default: convert defeated enemies unit to disciple (ypmonkdisciple))
-> stomp ability (secret code: stomp duration (default 0.8s), also this passive ability doesn't work well when doing ranged attack or building attack)
...)
4: The Town Hall improvement “Reducciones" doesn't spawn Pistolero after researched in Mexican civs
5: about the korean wonder button ability that appears on the screen (spawn rightenous fighers and crush enemy ship): there're 2 choice to fix this: un-select "enable wonder power UI" in option section or do something to find some secret code that disable wonder button ability that appears on the screen which can't be casted itself (i mean use directly)
6: korean hwacha still do more damage against heavy infantry (not infantry) (perhaps i have to use flaming barrage card to do this? it's a imbalancing because, when the flaming barrage hc card is used, hwacha deal x3 damage against heavy infantry (you can't see that effect but infantry and heavy infantry are in together, take an example of using flaming barrage's hwacha against a group of enemy musketeers and find out what happened) and x2 damage against non heavy infantry - arhers, skirmishers, ... )
Also can you block "Learn To Play" section please, because in "Master the basics" there's a objective that you can't complete: train 5 musketeer, but you have modified british civs that train redcoat instead of musketeer.
(PS: why korean Geobukseon is used as Mortar warship? its firing mode isn't same as korean Geobukseon in this video: https://www.moddb.com/mods/aoe3wol/vide ... n#imagebox :( )

BG Rampo