This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

WOL 1.0.11 Patch

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:59 am

Hello there, ....
Long time no see. i've seen the 1.0.11 Patch - Changelog here in moddb. It seems most of the changelog here make the new WOL mod better, but there're something miss here, hope WOL team member can fix these problem:
  1. It's about chinese Monk passive ability that convert defeated enemies into disciples: another member has reported this bug like this "Chinese Monks and Disciples cannot convert more Disciples when you have 7, in the past, you were able to convert as many as you can while fighting" but i don't know why the WOL team member not check this
  2. It's about the german royal decree tech "Zweihander". this tech when researched send 12 Doppelsoldners from your homeland. In addition, all Doppelsoldner hitpoints are increased by 10%. while in WOL, Doppelsoldner isn't available in German civs anymore. I hope a new suitable royal decree tech for German to replace that tech will be released in this new patch
  3. it's about haitian age IV politician age up: Haiti age up to age IV is only 3 politician (i remember there's a politician tech that send an army of maroon allies and some maxim gun and trigger revolution mode but these politician age up here doesn't present)
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Re: WOL 1.0.11 Patch

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:37 pm

1. I'm pretty sure that isn't a bug.
2. That and all other royal decree techs will be updated in a future patch (might as well do them all in one big rework).
3. That'll be fixed in a future patch, but not this one.

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:23 am

Septafoliaabout chinese Monk passive ability that convert defeated enemies into disciples: when playing chinese match, if the current number of presented disciple is less than limit of this unit. you say "1. I'm pretty sure that isn't a bug." is correct. but incorrect if the current number of presented disciple is reached the limit of this unit. i hope that you will perform double check of that problem

BG Rampo

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:49 am

That's what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure Disciples are intended to have a build limit. This build limit can be increased with the White Pagoda wonder.

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot

Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:19 am

Septafoliai'm sure that i have to use the video of this problem
also i detected that Miko will replace ikko ikki as japanese Monk. what about Monk special tech in Shrine? you have some change of these tech or making a new Miko special tech?

BG Rampo

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:00 pm

I know what you think is the problem, but it is intended that once you reach the build limit for disciples, the Chinese Monk is unable to convert more.

About the Shrine techs, maybe we'll update them eventually, but until then it's just extra work and icons we'd have to do, further delaying an already overdue patch. They would have the same effect since the Miko has the same stats as the Ikko Ikki. And the original ones were not specific to the Ikko Ikki anyway (most refer to Ninjas).

Rampo
Topic Author
Parrot
Parrot

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:58 am

Septafolia, i have a question. it's about japanese Gensuis. i checked the changelog in 1.0.11 Patch that:
  • The Japanese Daimyos and Shogun have been replaced by the Gensuis:
    • Units replaced:
      • Daimyo Kiyomasa: replaced by Gensui Oyama Iwao;
      • Daimyo Mototada: replaced by Gensui Saigo Takamori;
      • Shogun Tokugawa: replaced by Gensui Yamagata Aritomo;
      • Daimyo Masamune (Wonder-enabled): replaced by Gensui Nagaoka Gaishi.
while i checked an image in moddb: https://www.moddb.com/mods/aoe3wol/imag ... i#imagebox ; there're 5 gensuis in that image. which is the 5th one and what can the 5th gensui be used?

BG Rampo

QueenOfYays
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:33 am

I think that the 4th Age IV politician is the revolt option in Age iii as Haitians have psudo-revolution politicians in the first two ages and they can revolt earlier than other civs with this option.

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:05 am

You'll have to wait for the patch to find out.