This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DayoftheNinja
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Re: |OPINION| NATIVES OF THE MAPS

Sun May 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Our random map scripter and resident Australian, Will, has discussed possible future Australia maps in the past, but he has a lot of other maps, civilizations, and other cool features on his plate before he considers those.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Sun May 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Since someone referenced my new native settlements for North America suggestion, then I will explain more in detail about how they would be implemented. If these settlements (or towns) were to be added, they would replace the current natives on all east coast U.S maps as in the Victorian Period, many of these areas were developed moreso than the mid west and so on.

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Sun May 14, 2017 4:33 pm

I actually made an outback map, basically a reskin of the Great plains map, with Sertanejo (to represent the first struggling settlements out there) and Afghan Cameleers. Most of my map making skills are gleaned from copy-pasting code and a smattering of XML knowledge from the days of Civilization 4, so I haven't been able to change its name. I think its uploaded on the AoE3 Heaven blacksmith, if you want to check it out (I have no idea if it works with the latest version though).

Also, I made the Llanos map generate natives besides the Cherokee and Cree. Its basically generates all new South American natives because I wanted to see what they were like, but could you tell me what the map's natives are supposed to be?

Metaltooth
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Australians

Sun May 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Dr Roach wrote: I actually made an outback map, basically a reskin of the Great plains map, with Sertanejo (to represent the first struggling settlements out there) and Afghan Cameleers. Most of my map making skills are gleaned from copy-pasting code and a smattering of XML knowledge from the days of Civilization 4, so I haven't been able to change its name. I think its uploaded on the AoE3 Heaven blacksmith, if you want to check it out (I have no idea if it works with the latest version though).

Also, I made the Llanos map generate natives besides the Cherokee and Cree. Its basically generates all new South American natives because I wanted to see what they were like, but could you tell me what the map's natives are supposed to be?
I would love to play on that outback map

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Fri May 19, 2017 1:11 am

So are African natives only going to be natural resources? I can see the reason behind that, but it's kind of a shame because the African continent has so many smaller tribes that might not have enough to be full civilizations themselves, but certainly are interesting enough to warrant some sort of inclusion in this mod.
Image Image Image Image Image

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Fri May 19, 2017 1:17 am

They will have their flags and units depending on the maps too, but the techs and stuff will depend on the resource.

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 am

So they will have unique units. That should be fun.

Are these being worked on, because I'd love to help out.
Image Image Image Image Image

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 am

They are basically ready.

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm

That is a nice idea, sadly I can't steal this one.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

You are welcome to steal it. At least I will not complain :P