This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Town Hall! This forum is for news and discussion about anything related to WoL. You can ask any WoL-related questions here.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Stealth
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Italians
ESO: RickRuler
Steam: Davinci

Civilization Colors

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 am

Create a Scenario you can choose black or white and other colors but they aren't offered in a skirmish. Some people might not care but I think it would be cool to add those additional colors. I think each civ should have only 1-2 colors to chose from.

USA Blue or White
Germany Black or White
etc

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Civilization Colors

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Only 1 or 2?

I think that's a failure of imagination.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:28 pm

I would like to have a few more colors. My previous pc was bad at visualizing the difference between white and pink, and sometimes I still have problems seeing the difference, so some extra colors could prevent potential confusion. And in a 8 player game, there is a high chance both colors appear. However, there should be a ban on black: you cannot see how much hp (%) a unit has on the map since the color of lost hp is the same as your own HP.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

Stealth
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:22 am

Hoop Thrower wrote: Only 1 or 2?

I think that's a failure of imagination.

Maybe hoops, but I am a history geek and think national colors look cool.

I don't see France in any color besides blue, their primary color and white as a secondary color. Spain, Yellow primary white or black as a secondary.  
Def think the Germans should have black as their primary.  

But I would love to see more colors included over all even if they are not limited. Black, white, burgandy, lighter blue, etc.

daMarshal
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: brfvod

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:19 pm

You do know that there are mods that alter colors and work with this mod right?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

carlosbarano
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

daMarshal wrote: You do know that there are mods that alter colors and work with this mod right?
Can you please tell me in which site can I find them? :) thanks
I really think would be nice to have more colors :p I would ban Orange in certain maps because you can't see the units on the minimap.

But I think the intention of the post was to ask if the mod can add those colors to have 9,10,12 colors in total. Will the WoL team consider to add colors in some other patch? 
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:32 am

You don't like orange as a color because you can't see it on the minimap, yet you want white and black playercolors?

daMarshal
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: brfvod

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:41 am

carlosbarano wrote: Can you please tell me in which site can I find them? :) thanks
I really think would be nice to have more colors :p I would ban Orange in certain maps because you can't see the units on the minimap.

But I think the intention of the post was to ask if the mod can add those colors to have 9,10,12 colors in total. Will the WoL team consider to add colors in some other patch? 
Sure thing, here's where I found the mod I use, it's fairly easy to install. http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... d=1672&f=2
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

carlosbarano
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:30 am

daMarshal wrote:
carlosbarano wrote: Can you please tell me in which site can I find them? :) thanks

Sure thing, here's where I found the mod I use, it's fairly easy to install. http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... d=1672&f=2
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Stealth
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 am

daMarshal wrote: You do know that there are mods that alter colors and work with this mod right?

Those replace colors, I was hoping to add more colors.